Excellent opportunity for a Observatory Manager based in Belfast.
Beautifully simple, yet simply beautiful, the Grand Central brings the new era of modern hotel luxury to Belfast with its timeless design, classic service and true style that promises all guests a captivating experience.
The Grand Central is Northern Ireland’s largest hotel, boasting the best views of Belfast as well as being a great place to work.
Hastings Hotels are now seeking applications for the position of Observatory Manager to provide HR operational support to the General Manager and their senior management team.
Vacancy Title: Observatory Manager
Location: Grand Central Hotel, Belfast
Key Duties will include:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the restaurant and bar team.
- To assist with the financial management, planning and organizing of the food & beverage operation.
- Leading and managing the restaurant and bar team to deliver exceptional service and exceed guest expectations.
- To manage the restaurant and bar budget and control expenditure.
- Ensure the restaurant and bar team provide menu recommendations upon request and upsell additional offerings when appropriate.
- Ensure the restaurant and bar team receive appropriate training, coaching & development.
- Ensure the restaurant and bar team receive payment for food and beverages sold in accordance with operating procedures.
- Ensure table set up and guest areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner and in accordance with hotel standards.
- Ensure Company policies related to cash handling, stock control and stock ordering are implemented and monitored and appropriate action is taken to resolve any problems arising.
- Ensure staff use equipment and materials in the correct manner and that any problems are reported immediately.
- Maintain the security of stock areas and manage any breaches.
- Respond to complaints and find the appropriate solution.
- Ensure the restaurant and bar team comply with all health, safety, hygiene & licensing policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with colleagues across departments to ensure a harmonious working environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
You will ideally have:
- Must have similar previous experience gained within a quality establishment and be able to demonstrate strong management and leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrable customer focused approach with a passion to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have GCSE grades A-C in English and Maths or the equivalent.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be computer literate.
- Ability to work under pressure within a team.
- A result driven approach with the ability to meet/exceed deadlines.
- The ability to prioritize, plan, organize and demonstrate attention to detail.
- The ability to inspire others and engage professionally with people.
This is an exciting yet demanding role requiring a confident, hospitality experienced professional who can deliver a standard of service synonymous with the Hastings brand.
The Observatory Manager role is a full-time position with a competitive salary on offer.
To apply, please forward your CV together with a covering letter of application via the APPLY button below.
Closing Date Monday 21st January 2019.