Excellent opportunity for a Mould Maintenance Technician (Days) based in Mallusk Newtownabbey
Position: Mould Maintenance Technician (Days)
Location: Mallusk, Newtownabbey
Salary: £24 – £26k (Dependent on Experience)
Based within the engineering team of a global manufacturing company, this role will offer the opportunity to work on highly automated injection moulding machinery and heavy duty precision-tooled moulds, within a fast paced, production environment. The “hands-on” element of this role will be varied, and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of equipment, including mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
Reporting to the Moulding Manager you will be responsible for preventative and breakdown maintenance of moulds, injection moulding machines and their ancillary equipment.
Duties will include:
- To utilise your technical skills, to enable the Mould Maintenance Department to play a leading role in ensuring the Moulding Department meets its production targets.
- This role will entail assisting in the maintenance of mould tools, machines and auxiliary equipment in a high speed production environment.
- To carry out routine maintenance mould tools/machines, extruders, material handling system, ancillary equipment, etc, including the removal, stripping, cleaning, repair and installation.
- To carry out injection moulding process optimization and trouble shooting.
- Maintain your work areas in the moulding and associated areas (including around the machines/equipment, material handling and silos) in-line with the company’s 5S policy.
- Maintain appropriate records and operate in accordance with the company’s ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- To supply all necessary information with regard to spare parts.
- Assist with the general departmental maintenance and process optimisation or improvement projects as required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the previous 5 years.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Flexible attitude to work, self-starter.
- Bench experience.
- Extrusion experience.
- Process optimisation / condition setting skills.
- General workshop skills, milling, turning, welding etc
- Health & Safety qualification
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
Closing date 18th January 2018