Excellent opportunity for a qualified engineer to join a progressive and ambitious company that is developing global recognition for its exciting range of agricultural machinery.
Salary Range: £20,000 – £30,000 (dependent on experience)
Fleming Agri Products is based in Newbuildings in the North West of Northern Ireland and currently has over 100 employees working in a modern purpose built factory. The company has an extensive dealer network throughout the UK and Ireland and exports products to several European countries as well as Australia and New Zealand. A significant expansion of its facilities is in the planning process and when completed will provide a platform to expand production and further develop export markets. The company has a long history within the industry stretching back over 150 years and is now looking to the future success of the organisation.
This is an exciting role that will present opportunities for career growth and development while working within a small dynamic team.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in the development of the robotic welding facilities onsite, and increasing its capabilities across the product range
- Monitoring of all batch production times / target times / lost time analysis and proactive cost saving initiatives
- Develop and monitor systems that improve product and process efficiently.
- Assist with the design and continual development of existing products and managing manufacturing process improvement initiatives.
- Assist with the design and development of new products using the 3D CAD package SolidWorks.
- Opportunity to gain operational knowledge of SolidWorks PDM and SolidWorks Composer
- Provide 2D working drawing packages to the workshop.
- Compile bill of materials for all designed products.
- Assist in the operation of our Sage Manufacturing Production Control software package.
- Compile data into technical files for all products ensuring compliance with CE legislation.
- Complete risk assessments for CE marking of products.
- Liaise with suppliers ensuring all relevant information is communicated efficiently as required and that all components are manufactured to our standards at the required time.
- Have opportunity to travel to exhibitions, trade shows
- Be willing to carry out all other necessary work requirements to support the manufacturing team at Flemings.
- A degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Previous experience with robotic welding not essential as full training will be provided
- Ideally have some industrial experience and be proficient in the use of 3D CAD
- Strong organisational skills and keen interest in manufacturing
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to take product from an initial design concept through to a finished product.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software packages including word, excel and PowerPoint.
Please forward your CV and cover letter by clicking the Apply Button below.
Closing Date: Friday 25th January 2019