Excellent opportunity for a Manager, Cloud Operations based in Derry
Kofax is a leading provider of software to simplify and transform the First Mile™ of business. Success in the First Mile can dramatically improve the customer experience, greatly reduce operating costs and increase competitiveness, growth and profitability. Kofax software and solutions provide a rapid return on investment to more than 20,000 customers in financial services, insurance, government, healthcare, supply chain, business process outsourcing and other markets. Kofax delivers these through its direct sales and service organization, and a global network of more than 800 authorized resellers in more than 70 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.kofax.com.
Manager, Cloud Operations (E18-174)
We are looking for an experienced IT Cloud professional with a great interest in SaaS and cloud technology. This is an exciting opportunity to build out the local Cloud Operations team and to provide overall leadership and day-to-day management of the team. You will be part of a global leadership team given the opportunity to influence the direction and development of the global Cloud Services organisation.
The responsibilities of the manager are:
- Clearly understand, supervise, assist and monitor Cloud Operations team members in their assigned work.
- Seek opportunities to improve the responsiveness and reliability of Cloud Operations teams.
- Ensure Cloud Operations and company standard operating procedures and policies are being followed.
- Work directly with engineers to ensure work quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction are maintained per Cloud Operations standards.
- Set the tone and pace of the team through coaching and development.
- Directly address the needs of those customers and partners needing escalated attention due to acute technical issues, revenue/expansion opportunities, referrals, exceeding contractual support commitments, etc.
- Provide productivity and case trend reports as required by senior leadership.
- Perform quality control audits of cloud operation incidents, documentation, and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain and develop standard operating procedures.
- Perform all human resources duties related to team including selection, termination, performance evaluation, motivation, pay status change recommendations, discipline and training and development.
- Evaluate and help implement 3rd party tools or open source technology for the advancement of the group.
- Collaborate with leaders from other departments to grow the DevOps culture.
- Perform weekly one-on-one meetings with team to review projects, workload, and customer engagement status.
- Help grow the team as well as developing talent within your existing team.
- Take an active role in the global leadership team proactively driving improvements.
- Plan and maintain 24/7 operations and on call schedules.
- Domestic and/or International travel up to 25% is required.
Required Skills & Experience
Candidates for this position should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following competencies to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” or as a “plus,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
- 2+ years of management or other leadership position experience.
- 5+ years software / IT and Cloud experience.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent presentation and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of team leadership.
- The ability to create and maintain project documentation including requirements, timelines, schedules and tasks, risk assessment, status reports and general project communications.
- The ability to manage multiple issues and team members simultaneously.
- A proactive and energetic management and leadership style in a team environment.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working for a cloud-based service or product.
- Development or Operational experience for a cloud based service.
- Experience from Azure.
- Experience in incident management and monitoring tools, Pager Duty, New Relic, Loggly, Jira, Confluence.
- Experience staffing and scheduling resources in a 24/7 environment.
- Strong technical skills, analytical skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Exceptional coaching and people skills.
- The ability to prioritize, delegate and manage multiple tasks and conflicts.
- 25 day holidays
- Private medical care
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Competitive Salaries
- Childcare vouchers
- Quarterly Funded Social Events
- Excellent Training
- Friendly working environment
How to Apply
Please visit our website at by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below and follow the instructions provided to upload your CV to this vacancy.
The closing date for this post is: 31 January 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as the Protestant community and woman are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from these groups.