Excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Manager based in Omagh.
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Business Unit: Engineering
Department: Kerry EMEA
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To manage all aspects of the production stream engineering budget, including provision for spares, preventative maintenance and shutdown activities. To manage the engineering labour assigned to the production stream.
To manage routine capital expenditure within the production stream
The Production Stream Engineering Leaders will be responsible for the management, training and development of all Technicians within the production stream
- Equipment Productivity: Ensure that equipment productivity (as measured by OEE %) is maximised through the continuous monitoring of OEE trends and improvement of equipment availability (downtime reduction). Provide strategic direction for the long term resolution of the root causes of this downtime
- Continuous Improvement: To facilitate continuous improvement meetings within the production stream on all shifts with all teams. To utilise the A3 Problem Solving tool as a means to addressing the root cause of equipment problems that reduce the production stream OEE.
- Technical Training: To design, implement and deliver a technical training programme to the production stream technicians with the emphasis being on one-point lessons on the key pieces of equipment. To manage training records and plans associated with this technical training
- Knowledge Management: To design, install and manage a technical database containing all shared learnings from routine and preventative maintenance activities. The information in this database should routinely be shared with production stream engineers to increase equipment knowledge. Back up all equipment programs on PC, PLC, HMI, Inverter etc. Maintain a complete accurate set of all machine manuals in electronic form on the network
- Communication: To design and manage structures to facilitate the dispersal of all relevant engineering information in a useable format to all points of use within the production stream. To routinely communicate engineering related production stream information to the site management team, and to other production stream management.
- 5S: To champion 5S workplace organisation by providing leadership in maintaining excellent 5S standards in all areas of the production stream where engineering activity takes place (workshops, spares stores, equipment etc). To co-ordinate engineering support for the resolution of 5S workplace issues
- Suppliers: To develop relationships and routinely engage with equipment suppliers to ensure that their expertise contributes to the effective operation of the production stream equipment and the resolution of any problems
- Health & Safety: To ensure that engineering activity in the production stream conforms to GMP standards and promotes a safe and healthy work environment through the continuous improvement of safety standards.
- Quality: To ensure that engineering activity in the production stream conforms to quality standards and promotes excellent product and process quality through the application of TPM principles
- Environment: To ensure that engineering activity in the production stream conforms to ISO14001 standard. To continually strive to reduce the impact the production stream has on the environment through the reduction of resource (energy, water etc) use and the reduction of waste generation
- Standardisation: To standardise all machine settings, engineering work, spare parts, training, procedures & records in line with the Factory Management System and lean manufacturing principles. Strive to eliminate adjustment on tooling and replacement parts
- People Management: Manage all production stream Technicians with respect to attendance, holiday entitlement, wages, HR issues etc
- New Processes: To work with the Project Engineer to ensure new processes & equipment are planned, implemented and reviewed so as to be seamlessly integrated into current processes
- Capital Projects: Manage all aspects of capital projects relating to the production stream including; time lines, budget, purchase agreements, etc
Please click here to download full Job Description
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV.
Closing date: 24th January 2019