We are looking for a Linux System Administrator, who will be responsible for monitoring and supporting the RHEL infrastructure
For one of our office in London, Belfast, Gourock, or in remote we are looking for a Linux System Administrator, who will be responsible for monitoring and supporting the RHEL infrastructure; also, to collaborate with other operations team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. You will become an integral part of the team helping to solve and prevent problems in the secure hosted environment.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Work as a member of the support team monitoring logs for the system and applications
- Support applications management
- Operating system and patches are maintained by the hosting vendor not by the System Administrator
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments running RHEL
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Puppet and Chef
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, HAProxy, etc.
- Ability to work in a hosted SEL linux environment with limited access to commands. Need to work closely with the hosting provider.
- Ability to raise service requests with the hosting provider with enough detail for them to complete the requests and monitor the outstanding requests
- Knowledge of servers and switches
- Helpful to understand the SugarCRM framework
- Requires at least a BA in Computer Science or similar field and 3 years of experience as a System Administrator.
- Need to be able to pass vetting with the City of London Police