We are seeking an individual with strong people management skills and minimum of 5 years’ experience as a documentation negotiator (ISDA/CSA/GMRA/GMSLA and other related documents).
ARE YOU FINTRU?
Are you professional, passionate and do you enjoy working as part of a great team?
Founded in December 2013, FinTrU is a multi-award winning financial services company that is committed to giving local talent the opportunity to work on the global stage with the largest international investment banks. FinTrU provides its clients with high quality, cost-effective, near-shore resourcing solutions.
FinTrU’s products are: Legal, Risk, Compliance, KYC, Operations and Consultancy. Its clients are all Tier 1 Investment Banks based in London, New York, Tokyo, Frankfurt and Paris. FinTrU currently employs 330 staff at its two Belfast city centre offices, located in The Gasworks and Pakenham Street and in Carlisle House in Derry/Londonderry.
Following FinTrU’s announcement to create an additional 605 jobs, we have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Vice President / Senior Associate to join FinTrU’s established Legal Team. This role will be based in our Belfast Office.
‘Best Company to Work For’ – Belfast Business Awards 2018
‘Fast Growth Business of the Year’ – Belfast Business Awards 2018
‘Fast Growth Business of the Year’ – Aer Lingus TakeOff Business Awards 2018
‘Best Place to Work’ – Irish News Workplace & Employment Awards 2018
‘Employer of the Year’ – Northern Ireland Chamber Business Awards 2018
‘High Growth Business of the Year’ – Northern Ireland Chamber Business Awards 2018
‘Company of the Year’ – Business Eye First Trust Bank Awards 2018
‘Fast Growth Business of the Year’ – Business Eye First Trust Bank Awards 2018
- Oversight of team of legal professionals working on derivatives documentation related projects or business as usual work
- Operational delivery meeting client demands
- Relationship management of client
- Training and development of team
- Performance management of team
- Draft, negotiate and arrange for the execution of a wide range of legal trading documentation including, but not limited to, ISDAs, CSAs, GMRAs, GMSLAs, Prime Brokerage documentation to facilitate trading in line with current financial regulations
- Liaise with trading desks, client relationship teams, risk management and specialist legal teams to resolve various derivatives-related issues
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders on client launches and priorities to ensure timely execution of all trading documentation
- Liaise with the appropriate teams to ensure trading accounts are activated and ready to meet Day-1 trading requirements
- Ensure all trading documentation is in adherence with MiFID II, Dodd-Frank EMIR and other regulatory requirements where necessary
- Liaise with local counsel in multiple jurisdictions to register security interests created under new client trading relationships
- Undergraduate law degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a documentation negotiator independently analysing, drafting, negotiating and advising on a busy portfolio of client documentation requests (including ISDA/CSA/GMRA/GMSLA and other related documents)
- Strong client relationship management skills and commercial awareness
- Strong people management skills
- Experience of working with an investment bank, asset manager, stock exchange, clearing house or depositary (either in-house or through a third party intermediary)
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry specifically with regards to the regulations affecting the derivatives market (Dodd-Frank and EMIR)
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and ability to work without supervision
- Excellent business judgment and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and high-quality standards of documentation, processes and control environment
- Strong people manager
- Exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- An ability to influence people across different locations