Terex are recruiting for a Lead Electrical Engineer to join our growing team at Omagh site. This is a key role within the engineering team and offers excellent career opportunities both within the Omagh site and the wider Terex group.
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
Lead Electrical Engineer
Reporting to the Group Electrical Systems Manager this person will be responsible for leading the design development support and complete lifecycle of the electrical control systems on our tracked mobile Cone products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Head up platform electrical teams to support all electrical engineering activities for the respective plant group and successfully manage workload and available resource
- Lead development of new NPPD products ensuring compliance with established design, test and validation practices
- Hardware Design
- FDS Creation
- Software Creation / Sourcing
- Design documentation pack completion
- Deliver projects on time and within budget for all NPPD and existing product developments
- Lead individual plant teams on a daily basis to achieve quick resolution of highlighted issues, drive product improvement in the areas of product reliability and warranty reduction
- Create and manage live snag lists for all existing products in order to implement product improvements in a staged process; utilise the ECO process to implement all product changes (including software revision control)
- Ensure Control system designs conform to applicable legislations and standards
- Engage with mechanical product design groups, to ensure new system designs conform to customer and operator expectations
- Identify common control requirements and create standardised control functions
- Stay abreast of new developments in components and control system technology to nurture innovative control solutions
- Develop and nurture new talent.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree educated or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic / Similar Engineering Discipline
- Proven track record in designing PLC based control systems for industrial or mobile machinery
- Possess a solid understanding of design engineering practices
- Proven track record in project delivery across complete product lifecycle.
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects on time and in budget.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in electrical design role
- An understanding of the various applications that the equipment can operate in along with an appreciation for the expected performance of the machines.
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics and engineering drawings and control/logic diagrams
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken;
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A “Can do” attitude and ability to interact with a multi-functional team.
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead a group of development engineers and achieve high levels of productivity
- Able to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines.
- Able to select from multiple design alternatives when a clear best choice is not evident.
- Able to investigate root cause of control system non performance.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Can identify risks both technical and commercial with proposed product change or new product
- Some travel will be required.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary plus a whole range of benefits, to include pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers among others. They will also be offered the opportunity to build a long term career with a global market leading engineering organisation.
Closing date for Applications is Monday 21st January at 9am.
We reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short listing stage, if required.
TEREX is an equal opportunity employer and appointments are based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.