Excellent opportunity for a Human Resources Officer based in Belfast.
Human Resources Officer
TBL International – bringing people and experiences together. The origins of the umbrella organisation TBL International are very much based in culture and heritage, having become the very successful commercial operators of Titanic Belfast, the city’s £96 million tourism investment project which celebrates the feat or marine engineering that was the building of the RMS Titanic, whilst commemorating the tragedy that enfolded its sinking.
Opening in April 2012 it has welcomed over three million visitors through its doors in that period with the vast majority coming from outside N. Ireland. However, the company now operates four attractions in total, three in Belfast, Titanic Belfast being the signature operation, with the addition of SS Nomadic, the last White Star Line vessel in existence, the Titanic Exhibition Centre, a 6000 sq metres exhibition space for trade fairs, public exhibitions and sports events.
To support the Head of Human Resources and the wider HR team including the Senior HR Officer in the day-to-day operational delivery of the HR Function across all business areas and to provide an input into the development of the HR Strategy.
CONTRACT: Full time / Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Titanic Belfast
REPORTING TO: Head of Human Resources
EMPLOYER: TBL International Limited
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under taking all the administration and support required throughout the Recruitment process, including facilitating assessment centres and interviews and ensuring the process is organisationally and legislatively compliant.
- Once appointments have been confirmed, in conjunction with the appropriate Line Manager and HR Administrator undertake the preparation in advance of the new employee starting and post start date ensuring that all paperwork is in place in their employee file.
- Drawing up all required statement of terms and conditions and any change of terms and conditions paperwork in a timely fashion for authorisation by the Head of HR.
- In liaison with the appropriate line manager ensure the appropriate induction plan in drawn up and all arrangements in place in line with company procedure. Following up to ensure induction has been completed satisfactorily.
- Act as the Time and Attendance system (Time Point) Champion for the business, dealing with all queries from Line Managers and providing new users with the required training on the system. Liaison with Time Point regarding any queries for the business overall.
- Overall responsibility for the collation and submission of information to the Finance department pertaining to weekly Payroll in line with company policy.
- Working alongside the Senior HR Officer to provide generalist HR advice in employee relations matters including Disciplinary, Grievance and Capability issues in line with company policy.
- Using the PAMs (Personnel Administration) System – responsibility for all record keeping in relation to recruitment, monitoring and new starters
- Responsibility for creation / upkeep of the following in all areas of specialism. Final sign off on any changes to be completed by the Head of HR: HR Forms, HR Policies, SOPs (standard operating procedures).
- Supporting the organisation in maintaining the EFQM Accreditation.
- Processing all purchase orders as required for sign off by the Head of R.
- Providing input into the organisational HR Strategy
- HR representation on organisational committees / forums including the Staff Consultative Forum
- HR Legislation compliance in areas of specialism
- General HR Administration
- Support to other areas of team when required
- Any other duties as delegated by the Head of HR, Senior HR Officer or any other person designated in their absence
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Three years’ experience in a HR Officer / Executive position within a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Previous in-house recruitment experience
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation in NI
- Experience in providing HR advice to line management on employee relations issues in NI
- Experience in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience using PAMS HR Management system
- Previous experience using the Time Point time and attendance system
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Reporting and accountability
NB: Titanic Belfast reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria if necessary to assist with shortlisting.
If you wish to apply for the position, please click the APPLY NOW button to visit our recruitment site.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9am on Monday 28th January 2019. Applications will only be accepted via company application forms. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Please note for applicants successful at the shortlisting stage and each stage thereafter the following dates will apply:
- Individual Assessment & 1st Interviews will take place on Friday 1st February 2019
TBL International Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer