Excellent opportunity for a HR or H&S officer to join a progressive and ambitious company that is developing global recognition for its exciting range of agricultural machinery.
Human Resources and Health & Safety Officer
Salary Range: £20,000 – £30,000 (dependent on experience)
Fleming Agri Products is based in Newbuildings in the North West of Northern Ireland and currently has over 100 employees working in a modern purpose built factory. The company has an extensive dealer network throughout the UK and Ireland and exports products to several European countries as well as Australia and New Zealand. A significant expansion of its facilities is in the planning process and when completed will provide a platform to expand production and further develop export markets.
This is an exciting role that will present opportunities for career growth and development while working within a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Have responsibility for the management and administration of all aspects of Human Resources in the Company.
- The management and administration of the training and skills aspects of Health and Safety in the Company.
- The management and administration of all production times including job costing, target times, and cost considerations.
Specific Human Resources Duties:
- Management and administration of the recruitment process from job specifications, development of adverts, and administration of all applications, shortlisting and communication with all candidates.
- Delivering induction training to new recruits
- Preparation and issuing of employment contracts
- Appraisals – provision of support to team leaders and senior managers with the appraisal process.
- Maintenance of all fair employment records and ensuring fair employment monitoring return is completed for the Company
- Correlate all batch times and present to management
Specific Health & Safety Duties:
- Maintain health and safety training records, audit training completion to ensure all operators are fully trained on machines, and processes
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed and updated, liaising with external consultants as required
- Ensure that any accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented.
- Carry out safety inspections on facilities, machinery & safety equipment, complete risk assessments / reviews.
- Monitoring of the completion of health and safety actions – with management and team leaders
- Manage and control all health and safety systems to ensure that the required daily, weekly, monthly and annual procedures are correctly implemented and on schedule.
Other duties as may be required.
- Experience of working in either a Human Resources or Health & Safety role
- Human Resources or Health & Safety experience with a proven track record of success in meeting challenging deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety Law
- Good working knowledge of Employment Law
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Evidence of effective organisational, planning and time management skills
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft packages including word, excel, email, and power point.
- NEBOSH certificate of Occupational Health and Safety
- CIPD qualified
- 3rd Level educational qualification or equivalent.
- Train the trainer qualification
- Ideally have worked in a manufacturing environment
Please forward your CV and cover letter by clicking the Apply Button Below
Closing Date: Friday 25th January 2019