We are currently recruiting for a Hides and Skins Supervisor
You will be responsible for leading a team and ensuring hides and skins are trimmed, sorted, graded and preserved for further processing.
- Ensuring hides and skins are trimmed, sorted, graded and preserved for further processing other general duties as required;
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to at all times;
- Reconcile stocks of all products on a daily and weekly basis and report any discrepancies;
- Report all product defects to relevant suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels are sufficiently maintained;
- Responsible for achieving and improving daily targets;
- Ensure staff adhere to company rules and procedures;
- Work to tight deadlines whilst leading and directing the team;
- Implement Health and Safety compliance within area of accountability – control and issue of knives and PPE
- Essential to have experience of salting / grading skins
- Preferably minimum 2 years’ experience of managing a skin yard
- Must have the ability to work on their own initiative, flexible, able to work overtime/weekends as and when required to meet business needs or demands;
- Excellent communication skills are necessary;
- Basic IT skills are essential.
- Competitive Salary
- 29 days holiday
- NEST pension scheme
- Health Plan
- Discounted Company Shop
- On Site Canteen
- Private Parking
- Personal Development and Training
- Wellbeing, Health & Safety and Charitable Employee Events
This role operates on a Monday to Friday basis however some weekend work may be required.
All candidates must be flexible and prepared to work additional hours when required to meet customer demand.
Application Forms must be submitted via CV
The closing date for receipt of completed application is 5pm on Friday 25th January 2019