Axiom, a pioneer in the legal industry and a leading, global provider of technology-enabled legal solutions, is seeking a Senior Commercial Lawyer for a Global Team Leader position (fixed Term) within our Belfast office.
Global Team Leader, Belfast
Closing date: 20th January 2019
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world’s largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. Axiom is pioneering change, innovation, and value in one of the world’s largest economies that has not yet fully yielded to innovation and modernization. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” We’re comprised of over 2,000 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 17 offices globally (…and growing!).
This is a permanent full time role, that will provide leadership and oversight to a global team of lawyers dedicated to supporting our client, a multi-national telecommunications company, headquartered in London. The team supports the client’s business by drafting, negotiating and managing a wide range of contracts as part of a general support service to the client’s business and legal teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Team Leader will be responsible for developing and managing the team, overseeing the drafting and negotiation of contracts, acting as the primary point of contact for the client with regard to day to day matters and as a first point of escalation, and continuously developing process improvements, playbooks and templates for the various agreements. The Team Leader will have overall accountability for successful delivery of a global, outsourced solution to a world-leading client, with team members located in both the Belfast and Wroclaw Centres of Excellence. The Team Leader should have deep commercial and technical expertise as a Commercial Lawyer, along with an appetite for the development of and adherence to processes that drive efficiencies in legal work and the creation, drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Law degree
- Legally eligible to work in the UK
- A minimum of 5 years relevant commercial contracting experience;
- Proven track record of managing diverse teams both on-shore and off-shore;
- Demonstrable experience in driving commercial/business outcomes, including responsibility for budgets/financial performance;
- Ability to manage workflow— efficiently allocating and monitoring work and capacity of the team;
- Ability to assess performance and coach a team, including quickly identifying areas of under and over performance, providing constructive feedback to team members and providing input to compensation decisions;
- The legal knowledge to act as an advisor to Axiom’s client and serve as an escalation point on issues, substantive or otherwise, for the team, while managing and filtering escalations back to the client. The Team Leader may also handle some complex matters from start-to-finish;
- Passion for innovation and creativity in driving efficiencies through better management of process, playbooks, templates, and use of technology;
- Ability to own senior client and Axiom relationships, and accurately report on performance;
- Demonstrated ability to interface and work well with all levels of an organization to effectively negotiate complex agreements and bring deals to closure, while managing a team required to perform under pressure;
- Confidence in the use of Microsoft Office Suite for producing reports
- Competence in the use of Excel to glean insights from performance data
‘Employer of the year’ – UTV Business Eye Awards 2017
At Axiom, we are incredibly selective in our hiring. Shortlisting for this vacancy will be completed on the basis of merit and candidates should tailor their CVs to reflect our essential criteria.
As part of ISO certified organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Belfast Centre and globally at Axiom. You will also be subject to the client’s policies and procedures and security requirements. As a member of your team, you will have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.