Excellent opportunity for Fundraising & Events Administrator based in Belfast.
Role: Fundraising & Events Administrator
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Liaises with: Fundraising Team, Communications Team.
Salary Scale: Pay Point 11-17 [£15,028 – £17,167]
Hours: 35 hours per week
Cancer Fund for Children is the leading voluntary organisation working with children, teenagers and young adults living with cancer and their families in Northern Ireland, providing services across the region.
It is our intention to deliver the best quality services to children and families living with cancer. We are dynamic and progressive organisation and will generate £3m annually to sustain Service delivery and fully resource our Community, Residential, Fundraising and Support Teams.
We work with intelligence, purpose, enthusiasm and energy.
The post holder will provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to assist the Fundraising Team to achieve their financial targets. He/she will also have to develop an in depth knowledge of Cancer Fund for Children’s supporter database and deliver an excellent standard of donor care, whilst adhering to best practice.
The post-holder must be able to represent, and positively reflect, the values and beliefs of Cancer Fund for Children to the public.
1.1 Fundraising Administration
- Provide excellent donor care and support including face to face interactions, telephone, email and written communications.
- Preparation of Fundraising information packs
- Maintain an inventory of all Fundraising Team materials
- Obtain quotes and order Fundraising materials as required
- Collating and importing data for projects and initiatives on Donor Strategy database
- To be responsible for outgoing post for the Commercial Team
- To minute meetings as required
- To manage bookings/diaries as required for the Fundraising Team
- To assist with mailings for the Fundraising Team
- To book local press photographers for the Fundraising Team as required
- Manage Administration volunteers within the Fundraising Department
- To take ownership of the role and to ensure any problems/issues are highlighted immediately to the Fundraising Manager.
1.2 Event Administration
- Prepare Event Packs for participants
- Data entry of donations on Donor Strategy database, expediently, whilst ensuring the highest level of accuracy.
- Update Event Participant lists in accordance with the required process.
- Prepare merchandise and Wedding Favours for donors as required
- Use of content management system to update Cancer Fund for Children website
- To assist with mailings for Fundraising events
- To assist at Fundraising events as required by the Team
- To co-ordinate JustGiving pages to ensure they are assigned to the appropriate member of the Fundraising Team and to liaise with the Finance Team to ensure their income is coded accordingly.
1.2 Data Quality & Integrity
- Database maintenance: regular cleaning and updating of donor records to ensure accurate and current information is always available.
- To undertake training as required for the development of Donor Strategy database to meet the growing demands of the department.
- Undertake specific project work as assigned by Fundraising Manager and, from time to time, the Senior Management Team.
- Attend regular team meetings and be available for planning, review and appraisal meetings.
- To undertake personal development as required to meet the needs of the role.
- To represent Cancer Fund for Children as directed by the Fundraising Manager.
- To be available for ongoing professional development/training opportunities.
- To perform any other reasonable duties and specific projects as assigned by the Fundraising Manager, to contribute to the overall aims of the Fundraising Team.
Please click here for full Job Description
In order to be considered, your completed application must be returned no later than 12 noon on 21st January 2019.