Excellent opportunity for Fabricator / Welder based in Garvagh site.
Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title Fabricator / Welder
Reports To: Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Production Manager
Job Summary: The purpose of the role is to ensure the successful production of bespoke products to customer requirements throughout the welding and fabrication area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Skills & Abilities
- Fabricate and weld a range of assembly types, from basic to complex, to the required tolerances and specification working from fabrication or engineering drawings;
- Utilise jigs, measuring equipment and dimensional control methods to ensure the dimensional accuracy of the finished item;
- Carry out weld/fabrication inspections, identify defects and take appropriate action to rectify them e.g. porosity, lack of fusion, cracks and inclusions etc;
- Perform the required weld/fabrication processes, achieving formal certification where required by the Company.
- Consistently follow company procedures in relation to safe working practices and reporting of risks and accidents;
- Recognize hazardous situations and take appropriate actions with regard to your own and others safety;
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Use of Material & Equipment
- Set up and operate all welding/fabrication equipment and machinery to manufacturer’s specification /approved weld/fabrication procedures and correct methods of work;
- Demonstrate due care and respect for company equipment ensuring tools and equipment are checked for defects, calibrated, cleaned and comply with the agreed preventative maintenance schedule;
- Ensure optimum use of materials within your control to minimize scrap / wastage.
- Work to agreed output targets and deadlines, communicating status and progress to your Supervisor as the work progresses;
- Identify the reasons for missing or exceeding agreed output targets and apply the learning to future works;
- Consistently produce work to the required company quality standards and customer specifications (dimensional, visual, identification, associated paperwork where required);
- Practise problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realising continuous improvement to products and processes.
- Provide general support to management and assist with overflow work from colleagues as needed;
- Participate in and attend cross functional training and departmental meetings as required;
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating and collaborating with customers, clients, co-workers, and management;
- Monitor own development towards business and individual objectives;
- Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 each employee has a responsibility to Health and Safety and must also adhere to their responsibilities as laid out in the H & S policy.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
Please click here for full Job Description
please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.