Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Travel Consultant
Salary: Competitive salary and bonus, dependent on skills and experience.
Start date: Immediate
Mahlatini Luxury Travel is looking for enthusiastic individuals who have a drive to succeed in sales and a passion for travel to join our award winning and fast growing team in Belfast.
Mahlatini Luxury Travel, winner of best safari, nature and holiday company in the 2016 British Travel awards is uniquely positioned as the only Africa specialists in Ireland with a global high end customer base. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work for a leading luxury travel tour operator, where energy, ideas and ability will be rewarded.
Using their in-depth knowledge, the successful individual will design tailor-made luxury itineraries for our discerning clients. You will be responsible for converting warm leads into sales in a target driven environment. Ideally the successful candidate must have travel industry experience, preferably long haul travel, and you must have experience in a sales-driven environment. In addition, the ability to deliver excellent customer service at a high-end level is paramount, as well as a superior level of proficiency in written and verbal communication.
The Role of a Travel Consultant within Mahlatini Travel
- The creation of high quality intricately planned tailor-made itineraries for a wide range of clients from Honeymooners to Families. You will be ultimately responsible for costing, planning and implementing and confirming these itineraries.
- Working on warm sales leads with a mix of email and telephone contact to maximise conversion.
- Ensure the itinerary presented to the client fits their individual requirements as best possible and the supporting information and advice is to the highest standard.
- To achieve the highest levels of client service at all stages of the process to engender repeat business.
- Actively evolve product knowledge keeping in touch with the latest product developments to ensure that you remain a true country specialist with up to date commercial knowledge and understanding of hotels/flights/infrastructure.
- Mahlatini Travel is a trading division of Luxury Travel Ltd and provides 100% financial protection through
- its membership of both the Travel Trust association (U7098) and the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL T739).
- Working within a small team it is imperative you engender good working relationships and have a strong team ethic.
- An in-depth understanding is required of the destinations sold and first-hand knowledge is essential. As such, from time to time, you will be required to visit these destinations on educational trips.
Skills and Experience
- 2 years travel industry experience
- Passion for long haul travel.
- Previous sales experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service & selling skills.
- Advanced level of computer literacy.
- Highly organised with strong time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results orientated.
- MS Excel
- In depth knowledge/experience of Sub Saharan Africa, the Indian Ocean Islands or UAE.
- GDS / flight operating systems.
- Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30.
- Saturday 09:00 to 13:00 on rotation (Once every 6 weeks)
Full training will be provided to actively assist the candidate in their new role
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website