Excellent opportunity for Estimator based in Belfast.
Vacancy – Estimator
Diamond Systems are specialists in Security and Life Safety Systems and are a growing family owned business, based in Belfast Harbour Estate.
A new position has been created for an Estimator to join the Sales Team.
The Estimator’s role will be to assist the Sales Manager and Directors to increase project sales.
The Estimator will be responsible for preparing and submitting cost estimates for all projects, extra works, equipment sales, and as required, multi-site maintenance contracts.
The main duties of the Estimator will include:
- Gathering of proposals, specifications, and related documents to allow job pricing. This will be achieved through regular phone contact with Electrical Estimators and/or Contracts Managers within a variety of M&E contractors.
- Identification of labour and material requirements by studying proposals, specifications, and related documents.
- Attend site meetings as required to carry out surveys, risk assessments and glean necessary information to assist with pricing.
- Compute draft costs by analysing labour and material, in close liaison with Diamond Supply Chain.
- Complete Diamond costing sheets and CRM information.
- Presentation of prepared estimate to the others within the Sales Team, in a timely manner, to enable review and adjustment where necessary.
- Generation of sales proposals in accordance with Diamond style.
- Submission of Diamond price to contractor or end user
- Liaison with contractor/end user to obtain feedback on price and contract award
- Handover of information to Diamond Engineering Team upon contract award.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role, or as an engineer within the alarm industry
- Excellent IT skills
- Self-motivated and keen to progress their career
- A good team player with a positive attitude
- Experience using Auto-cad would be preferable but not essential
- Good communication, attention to detail and organisational skills essential
This will be an office-based role, 08:30 – 17:00, with expenses for mileage if required to visit site. The package is negotiable (Range: £25k – £30k) depending on experience.
Please forward a concise CV in confidence via the APPLY NOW button below if you wish to be considered for this position.