Job Title: Engineering Plant Operative (Mechanical)
Contract Type: Permanent; Full-Time
Closing Date: 10am, Monday 21st January 2019
About the Role
The Water Supply Function operates and maintains raw water sources and associated water treatment works across Northern Ireland. The Function is responsible for producing treated water to agreed standards for distribution to customers. The purpose of the job is to operate and maintain Clay Lake, Seaghan and Carran Hill Water Treatment Works together with related raw water resources.
- Effective and efficient operation and maintenance of treatment plants and raw water resources.
- Operation of resources in a secure and environmentally friendly manner.
- All work to be carried out with full consideration for and compliance with health and safety procedures.
- Carry out and record routine planned and preventative maintenance of plant & equipment as scheduled on the computer based Mobile Work Management System;
- Implement and record fault diagnosis and repair faults as required, utilising the computer based Mobile Work Management System;
- Fault diagnosis and reporting faults to the Plant Manager and the M & E Services team via the computer based Mobile Work Management System;
- Inform and advise line managers, suggest options and recommend a course of action to resolve particular issues;
- Carry out catchment duties as and when required.
- Operate water treatment works and sludge treatment plants in accordance with set instructions and operational manuals;
- Sample and analyse water quality through the Works;
- Adjust chemical dosing in accordance with guideline parameters;
- Identify and assist in the ordering of plant / equipment replacement parts, chemicals, fuel etc;
- Checking and signing off deliveries of fuels, chemicals, sludge loads and other plant or equipment delivered to site;
- Advise and assist other team members on treatment process related issues;
- Site security inspections and reports together with other health and safety duties as required by line management;
- Report on and ensure compliance with Environmental Management System for both in-house and contracted activities;
- Collate and monitor performance data to ensure compliance with NIW Key Performance Indicators and Business Plan targets including Drinking Water Quality Regulations;
- Problem solving and decision making through the use of standards, procedures, established regulations, precedent and by using innovative and creative thinking to resolve complex issues;
- Other general duties affecting the operation of the water treatment works as required by line management;
- Administrative and other duties as delegated by line management (e.g. managing contractors, completing risk assessments, completing method statements, data input to various systems etc.);
- Attendance/Work at other Water Treatment Works required by line management;
- The post holder will be required to take part in an on-call rota. As the post holder will be required to take part in an on-call rota they will be required to work outside normal working hours and attend site(s) in the case of emergency alarms, on weekdays, week-ends and public/privilege holidays as per business needs.
The above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all
For further details please see job description.
Northern Ireland Water is an equal opportunities employer.
CV’s will not be accepted.