Excellent opportunity for Design Co-Ordinator based in Co Cork.
Job title: Design Co-Ordinator (Civils)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Co-Ordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic and rewarding working environment, which will provide them with a significant opportunity in the Highways, water, marine and onshore energy sectors.
The successful candidate will support the implementation and manage the control of the design process to ensure that the design and procurement of specialist packages are delivered to meet project requirements and are in line with cost parameters.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer. Ensuring safety, quality , ease of maintenance and innovation.
- Ensure the Cost Manager for the work orders (planned works) is fully aware of any impact on cost, quality and timely delivery of the design teams work.
- Establish and manage the documentation and deliverables completion processes.
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
- Production of a Contractor’s Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Budgetary management of tender design fees and preparation of detailed design fee estimates.
- Designer liaison including design review meetings, progress & performance reporting, and design change control.
- Liaison with Clients, approval bodies and other relevant third parties.
- Input to analytical & interpretative reports on technical and commercial factors
- Review of designs on behalf of the contractor, including interrogating drawings and other technical documentation.
- Leading evaluation of added value options and participation in value engineering meetings.
- Budgetary management of tender design fees and preparation of detailed design fee estimates
- Provide advice and guidance on the “buildability” of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
- Ensure that learning and best practice is captured from the bid/project with the aim of sharing it across the business through Farrans In-house knowledge management system.
- Leading evaluation of added value options and participation in value engineering meetings
- Undertake other managerial tasks/projects as required for the Company, to the time frame agreed.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies.
This is a demanding role requiring a flexible approach to working hours. This role will be based throughout the North and Republic of Ireland and may require travel to Great Britain.
The successful candidate will be expected to travel as part of their role to construction sites, Company fixed locations or other locations as requested by Management.
This role requires an individual with proven experience in delivering design services and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
Leadership skills are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus. Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- Educated to Degree Level in an Engineering / Design / Construction related qualification.
- Full Driving Licence
- Professional qualification such as MICE, BIBSE, IET or RIBA. Chartered member preferred
- Valid CSCS Card
- Typically a minimum of three years’ experience in construction design/management or similar position.
- Strong knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material.
- Desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer.
- Good working knowledge of BIM.
- Demonstrable experience of management and leadership for a significant time.
- Strong knowledge of planning requirements of different forms of construction designs.
- Have strong literacy and numerical skills
- Knowledge of full MS office suite including Project, Project Access and SharePoint
- Strong understanding of modern building techniques, plant and equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues.
- Appreciations of the impact of cost in the completion of a programme and development of a construction solutions.
- Good career continuity.
- Be contractually and commercially aware in various forms of contract – NEC, ECI JCT etc.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) Asta Powerproject, Autocad, Navisworks and database software.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning skills
- Accurate and consistent approach
- Self-motivated. Capable of working under minimal supervision and on own initiative.
- Have an interest in BIM and actively encourage its use on live projects.
- Have a dynamic and involving approach in liaising with construction professionals, designers and clients.
- Have an ability to review, co-ordinate and manage large volumes of information efficiently and effectively.
- Be innovative and look for opportunities to add value.
- An excellent professional demeanour.
- Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK and ROI if required.
- Able to work to tight deadlines in high pressure situations.
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV
Closing date: Friday 8th February 2019
Farrans Construction is an Equal Opportunities employer.