Thompson Aero Seating are recruiting for a Data Analyst to join their growing Production Control team.
Reporting to the Production Control Manager, based in the Seagoe site in Portadown. Supporting the Software and Control Room teams.
- Excel – V-Lookups
- Excel – Pivot Tables
- Excel – Pivot Table Charts
- Excel – Query generation
- Excel – Excel Power Queries
- Excel – Data Model
Detailed Excel Skills:
Functions for data cleaning and manipulation, e.g.
- VLOOKUP(), MATCH()
- Text formulas: LEFT(), RIGHT(), MID(), string concatenation,
- Sum, Ave, Count,
- Error checking, e.g. ISERROR()
- Measuring your data: COUNT(), COUNTA(), COUNTIF(), SUBTOTAL()
- Working with dates
- Delimited files
- Find/Replace, using wildcards
Formatting data, e.g.
- Cells contain either functions, strings, or numbers
- Strings: Comprised of characters; digits not recognized as numbers
- Numbers: Can be formatted differently to represent dates, phone numbers, time, etc.
- Custom number formats
- Paste special
- Conditional formatting
- Working with Raw Data
Flat data tables
- Why this is important and how data tables can be constraining
- Column headers on the first row
- Block of data, no gaps in rows or columns
- Freeze column and row labels
- Advanced data filtering
- Custom sorting
- Pulling out unique records
- Named fields
- Named ranges
- Dynamic ranges using OFFSET() and COUNTA()
- How to make one; what is happening behind the scenes
- Using dynamic ranges with PivotTables
- Using Multiple Pivot tables to drive data in flat tables
Trimming file size
- Pivot table caches
- How formulas take up space
- CTRL end, CTRL home
- Chart formatting (lines, fill, points, scale, etc.)
- Two-axis and multi-format charts
- Selecting an individual point/series to format or add a data label
- Dynamic chart titles
- Pasting charts into PowerPoint (do’s and don’ts)
- Slicer and Timeline generation
The above list is not exhaustive and the scope of the job will grow with experience and additional tasks may be required as and when business needs change.
- The applicant must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional Excel skills
- A high level of mathematical ability
- Programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle and Python
- The applicant should be dynamic, energetic, self-driven with a positive “can do” attitude towards work and a clear focus on deliverable metrics
- The applicant must be a good team player and be able to provide accurate data with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proficient in all IT packages
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- The applicant must be highly organised and able to forward plan.
- Must be able to show strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work overtime and additional shifts when requested
- Knowledge of data management
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 1 year’s previous experience
How to apply & Closing Date:
Please submit your completed application via the links below
Closing date for the role is Wednesday 16th January 2019
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunities employer