Excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified credit controller to join a busy accounts department within the property sector based in Belfast City Centre.
Role: Credit Control Manager
Reports to: Head of Client Accounting
Main duties and responsibilities:
The post holder will have sole responsibility for the credit control function for all commercial and residential clients and will have responsibility for the efficient, effective and professional execution of the following duties;
Duties to include:
- Working under their own initiative, the successful candidate will be responsible for management of tenant payments, aged debt and payment allocation for all of the firm’s commercial and residential clients.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual targets in relation to cash collection and debt reduction.
- Producing detailed debt reports and analysis for presentation to the Board of Directors
- Streamlining and, wherever possible, automating the process of contacting customers by Email and Letter using QUBE software
- Host client facing meetings to discuss debt issues within the client’s portfolio
- Answering tenant queries and taking payments by telephone
- Credit Scoring customers and setting payment terms
- Reviewing payment allocation history and making corrections where necessary
- Handling account and invoice queries
- Renegotiation of payment schedules
- Processing of Small Claims Court Claims, from application to the appearance in court as required on behalf of the company
- Liaising with Client Solicitors with regard to debt recovery proceedings
- To carry out other relevant duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by your manager or the management team.
- Previous experience in a similar role at a senior level is essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literacy to include proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Excel & a computerised Accounts Package
- Ability to work on own initiative and assist the wider finance team as required
- To work both independently / with minimum supervision and as part of a busy team.
- To have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role within a busy accounts dept.
- To have at least 5 G.C.S.E. at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
- A recognised Credit Control Qualification e.g. CICM or equivalent
- To fully utilise Microsoft Office, e.g. Excel.
- To demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- To work with a proactive approach to debt collection
- 1. To fully utilise in-house computerised systems, e.g. QUBE
- 2. CICM Intermediate Diploma in Credit & Collections (Level 3)
Please note that the above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change from time to time to meet departmental and organisational requirements.
Please forward a CV and accompanying letter detailing how you meet the essential and desirable requirements to the HR Manager.
Closing date – 12noon on Friday 25th January 2019