Excellent opportunity for Business & Leisure Markets Manager based in Belfast.
Business & Leisure Markets Manager
CONTRACT: Permanent Full Time
HOURS: 40 per working week (flexibility to work evening / weekends occasionally when required)
LOCATION: Titanic Belfast
REPORTING TO: Head of Revenue Generation & Product Development
To lead and drive the Business & Leisure Sales team in positioning Titanic Belfast as the home of Titanic and one of the World’s leading visitor Attractions across domestic, national and international markets. You will manage the sales focused team on a day-to-day basis to ensure continual focus on achieving revenue targets and KPIs.
Working to the strategic objectives of the organisation, you will build key customer relationships with business and leisure clients alike, generating new business opportunities for Titanic Belfast, SS Nomadic and TEC.
In terms of Business Sales you will work collaboratively with Titanic Belfast’s operational fulfilment teams ensuring smooth handover processes from sales to event delivery.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s strategy, products and capabilities
- Identify and define the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators across business and leisure markets
- Devise a robust plan for delivery of revenue targets and KPIs
- Collaborate with representatives within Tourism Northern Ireland, Tourism Ireland and Visit Belfast to identify new industry opportunities and keep up to date with market trends
- Manage the industry tradeshow activity calendar and associated budgets for attendance and promotion
- Effectively plan and manage associated marketing requirements to support sales effort
- Maintain seasonal sales plans and ensure they are adapted to meet the changing market conditions
- Monitor sales activity and success of associated campaigns
- Work with the Business and Leisure Sales Managers to identify potential new clients and target markets
- Arrange sales meetings and presentations with key decision makers
- Plan and tailor approaches with key decision makers accordingly
- Develop client relationships by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Attend relevant trade events, industry functions, association events and conferences providing feedback on market trends and client requirements
- Liaise with department managers to address client issues and continually improve service standards
- Lead, manage and motivate the Business and Leisure Sales team
- Line management responsibilities for the Business Sales and Leisure Markets Managers
- Compliance with Titanic Belfast Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Proactive and positive approach to embracing organisational Health & Safety culture
- Any other duties as required and delegated by the Head of Revenue Generation & Product Development or any other person designated in their absence
Reporting & Data Management
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM system
- Submit weekly Business & Leisure Sales progress / progress reports
- Track and record all pro-active sales activity
- Provide appropriate statistical information, sales data and trend analysis and prepare reports as requested by the Head of Revenue & Product Development
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- Over 3 years’ management experience gained in a business to business role within a Tourism / Leisure / Events / Advertising agency environment
- Strong commercial awareness with demonstrable experience in working to KPIs and revenue targets
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven sales track record
- Competent in all MS packages and familiar with CRM systems
- Consummate professional in all aspects of communication
- Knowledge of the events, hospitality, leisure or tourism sectors
- Passionate about Belfast and Northern Ireland
- A keen interest in the Titanic story
- NB: Titanic Belfast reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria if necessary to assist with shortlisting.
- Personable with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work well with people at all levels
- Calm under pressure
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Results focused
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Plenty of initiative
- Time management
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00am on Monday 21st January 2019. Applications will only be accepted via company application forms. If you wish to apply for the position, please click the APPLY NOW button below to visit our recruitment site.
Please note for applicants successful at the shortlisting stage and each stage thereafter the following dates will apply:
- Assessment centre / first stage interview Friday 25th January 2019
- Second stage interviews Wednesday 30th January 2019
Titanic Belfast Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.