Hanley Automation's Antirm office is growing. We are now looking for an Automation Engineer to join our team.
We are currently looking for a skilled Automation Engineer to join our team and play a significant role in projects for some of our multinational clients.
Hanley Automation is a leading provider of Electrical Controls and Factory automation solutions to a wide range of organisations, particularly, blue-chip clients who need to unlock the potential behind their automation investments and maintain competitiveness.
This role is based out of our Antrim office however the successful individual would be required to travel to client sites when required.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To participate in the development of automated system life cycle documents to meet business requirements in the support of automated systems. (i.e. Validation, standard operating procedures).
- Support and programming for PLC’s (Rockwell/Allen Bradley Logix 5000/500 and Studio 5000), motion control and PC controlled equipment.
- Programming and implementation of changes to the process automation code and systems hardware.
- Provide automation support to production, including troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Interact closely with other engineers to discuss current projects, potential issues and solutions.
- Provide both remote and on-site support to clients as required.
- A relevant 3rd level Engineering qualification (preferably B.Sc. B.E. degree in engineering) or similar.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience supporting DCS, PLC, SCADA, HMI and PC controlled systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Rockwell/Allen Bradley Logix 5000/500 and/or Studio 5000 will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience CodingDevelopmentTroubleshooting of automation systems.
- Must have good knowledge of manufacturing automation, machine design, development and validation process.
- Understanding of GAMP 5 guidelines will also be an advantage.
- Experience working within a GMP environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently is essential.
- Full Valid UK work permit is essential.
*As a screening process is in place, not all candidates will be called for interview.