Excellent opportunity for a Assembly Technician (Shift) based in Newtownabbey
Position: Assembly Technician (Shift)
Location: Mallusk, Newtownabbey
Salary: £25k per annum
Based within the engineering team of a global manufacturing company, this role will offer the opportunity to work on highly automated, assembly equipment within a fast moving, production environment. The “hands-on” element of this role will be varied, and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of bespoke equipment, including mechanical, electro-pneumatics and electrical control systems.
Reporting to the Assembly Engineering Manager you will be responsible for immediate preventative and breakdown maintenance of production assembly equipment on a rotating shift pattern.
Duties will include:
- To optimize equipment process settings to improve efficiency, reduce waste, and improve right first time throughput.
- To provide a strong technical approach within the automated assembly department to minimize unplanned downtime.
- To investigate and determine solutions to mechanical, electrical, robotic, and pneumatic problems, and make recommendations/decisions based on this information.
- To optimize machine changeover times using lean principles (SMED).
- To innovate and develop in-house equipment capability and flexibility to adapt to changing customer standards. Continuously improve design/operation of process equipment.
- To liaise with Planning and Production to communicate any current or potential equipment issues that may impact the Delivery Schedule Adherence to the customer.
- Assist in developing and implementing safe, efficient, cost-effective, and robust automated systems that increase productivity, improve accuracy, maintain repeatability, and achieve quality requirements.
- Mechanical Engineering qualification.
- General workshop and tool room skills, bench fitting, milling, turning, welding etc.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to work with people in a professional manner.
- Must be self-directed and motivated individual who is willing to accept responsibility.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working 12 hour continental shift pattern.
- Knowledge of electrics/pneumatics
- Leadership Qualities
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
Closing date 18th January 2018