Excellent opportunity for a Support Worker based in Carrickfergus
Position – Support Worker
Location – Carrickfergus
Responsible to: Support Manager
Working week – 2 – 3 Days per week
Rate of pay – £8.16 per hour
Abbeyfield & Wesley are pleased to advertise for a Support Worker to join our enthusiastic and innovative team based in Carrickfergus. The successful Candidate will join us at an exciting time in the Association’s development and be a key player in the successful running of the Carrickfergus House to deliver the excellent service Abbeyfield & Wesley are renowned for.
Working in conjunction with the House Manager, the Support Worker will assist in the preparation of meals for Residents, ensure that Health and Safety standards are being met, take part in drills relating to fire protocols and actively encourage a fantastic level of service for all Residents.
This is a truly fulfilling role within an Association dedicated to encouraging enhanced quality of living and dignity and respect for elderly people within our communities. If you would like to become part of this incredible Association and being a Support Worker is the role for you, we look forward to welcoming you to our team.
- Prepare nutritious meals for Residents, taking into account any special dietary requirements as necessary in conjunction with the House Manager.
- Assisting the House Manager with Resident’s nutritional requirements.
- Maintain excellent standards of Food Safety and hygiene.
- Adhere to Health and Safety requirements within the House at all times.
- Be the Abbeyfield & Wesley representative whilst in the House when interacting with visitors, answering the phone or dealing with prospective Residents.
- Encourage a supportive, homely and secure environment for the Residents.
- Deal calmly and compliantly with emergency situations, such as contacting the emergency services in a medical crisis or calling Residents’ next of kin.
Essential Criteria :
- Food Safety qualification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prepare meals for up to 10 people.
- A desire to encourage dignity, respect and quality of living for elderly people.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to keep basic records
- First Aid in the workplace qualifications
- Experience of working in, or knowledge of, a supported housing/health & social care environment.
- A willingness to achieve necessary qualifications to further develop your expertise and standards of service.
- Act in accordance with Abbeyfield & Wesley values, policies and procedures at all times.
- Attend meetings and training and development as required.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and act in accordance with Data Protection requirements.
- Be aware of and comply with safe working practices.
- Be aware of, act within and actively seek to promote Abbeyfield & Wesley policies in respect of equality and diversity.
- Undertake travel to other Abbeyfield & Wesley locations as required.
- Carry out any additional and reasonable duties as required.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
Closing date 28th December 2018