Excellent opportunity for a Stockyard Operator based in Lurgan
Job Title: Stockyard Operator
Purpose of position:
To load all required products onto the relevant trucks to ensure accurate, cost effective and on time deliveries to meet customer needs. Assist with stock taking and transfer functions to ensure stock accuracy and report discrepancies. Ensure all products are properly packaged and available for safe transport. Responsible for Drum Prep duties to include the grinding process, Radbox assembly and packaging.
Summary (5-8 major activities):
- Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor, work within the Logistics team to assist with the daily loading/unloading requirements including completion of despatch notes and adhering to the receipts procedure.
- Ensure all company stock products are recorded or transferred accurately and input on the Syspro system. Monitor and report on stock accuracy to defined departmental KPIs.
- Carry out loading requirements safely with a high degree of care to ensure goods aren’t damaged during the loading process. Ensure, through cross checking, that the products being loaded are as per requested on the loading sheet, signing off your loading sheet at the completion of each load.
- Manage stock effectively and explain variances in stock, suggesting solutions to rectify.
- Be flexible when required to accommodate a fast moving market on rapid demand and delivery measures to be in line with procedures set to meet product needs.
- Liaise with the Logistics Supervisor to achieve all logistic related targets.
- Ensure effective cross departmental communication in matters related to your area. Develop new innovative ideas to cut costs and improve health & safety.
- Work in Drum Prep environment being competent with all required duties.
- Have a full understanding of the stores and yard stock control systems.
- Complete daily checks to all equipment and record and report any faults.
- Provide administrative support and carry out additional duties/reports for the Logistics Department as and when required.
- Contribute to all business health and safety initiatives including safety/accident/incident audits in line with current legislative standards and Codes of Practice.
- Demonstrate a good basic standard of education.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Stockyard Yard/Warehouse environment.
- Have a sound knowledge of modern information technology.
- Be well organised and articulate, paying a high attention to detail, having the ability to deal accurately with a lot of information.
- A self motivated individual with the flexibility to adopt and a willingness to develop new skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with a variety of loading challenges.
- Willingness and ability to cover other general duties and cover holidays within the Logistics function.
- Skilled FLT driver with various trucks.
- Good numerical skilled.
- An understanding of stock control systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and warehouse management systems.
- Good health and safety awareness and a willingness to promote good practice.
- Manual Handling.
- Forklift Licences to include, 5 Tonne Counter Balance, Side loader, Tele Handler and Reach Truck.
If you would like to join our team, please click on the Contact Employer Button below to register your interest. Applications close Wednesday 19th December
Radius Plastics are an Equal Opportunities Employer.