This role plays a significant part in aligning the product vision and engineering efforts with the strategic direction of the company.
The Software Architect is responsible for a range of Strategic, Technical Leadership and Delivery focused activities.
The role is responsible for the leading design and development activities associated with the Cayan Payment Gateway. As part of a dynamic and exciting development center, the Software Architect will primarily work with C# and .Net, whilst utilizing state-of-the-art software development techniques, including Behavioral Driven Development and Continuous Delivery.
The role is required to build relationships and provide leadership in a variety of situations, across project types, with teams ranging from one to many. This role plays a significant part in aligning the architecture and technology vision with the strategic direction of the company, ensuring appropriate application of this vision within the development organization
Technical Leadership Responsibilities
- Participate in the definition and validation of technical guidance. E.g. architecture principles, styles, policies and standards
- Coach and Mentor engineering staff in the effective and pragmatic application of software design principles and coding best practices
- Produce and maintain useful and usable documentation of work, and contribute regularly to the general Cayan Engineering body of knowledge
- Build a strategic network of partnerships and relationships with individuals inside and outside of the engineering organization
Strategic & Enterprise Responsibilities
- Contribute to the definition of technical strategy and formal architecture for the Cayan Payment Gateway
- Make architectural decisions that impacts the entire Cayan Payment Gateway platform
- Monitor new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies into strategic opportunities.
- Contribute to build vs. buy decisions.
- Pinpoint strengths and weaknesses in enterprise systems, and effectively advocate for appropriate solutions to weaknesses
- Lead Architecture and Design activities throughout the delivery lifecycle for the Cayan Payment Gateway
- Verify code quality and implementation alignment with design decisions and platform guidance
- Create core components to address platform level concern
- Participate in coding activities that are in support of design outcomes – up to 50% of time depending on project
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in software and application architecture
- Recent experience software design and coding, with emphasis on integration/ Services / external facing API platforms
- Extensive experience with C# / .Net.
- Hands on experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues for both web-based applications and databases
- Familiar with diverse, complex problems and adept at devising reasonable solutions or alternatives
- Proven experience translating Business Requirements into solutions
- Technical leader and coach, aware of applicability of new technologies
- Can work at an abstract level and create abstractions that clarify and contribute to system integrity across the enterprise
- Tolerant of ambiguity, good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction
- Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions and experiment to validate approaches
- Creative, Investigative, Innovative, Insightful and able to make technical leaps, finding novel solutions
- Excels at grasping existing code, and identifying opportunities to improve and to integrate with existing code
- Effective and comfortable working with high-level management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including proven success in working with stakeholders with a wide range of technical knowledge
- Comfortable working in an environment that is growing rapidly and constantly addressing the inherent challenges.
Note: candidates must be eligible to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
For more information, please visit cayan.com/engineering