The Software Architect is responsible for the roadmap, design and development activities associated with Cayan’s Genius platform.
Cayan’s Genius platform sets the gold standard in payment possibilities. Our application provides the highest standards of security whilst offering Merchants a wide range of traditional and emerging payment methods.
The Software Architect is responsible for the roadmap, design and development activities associated with Cayan’s Genius platform. As part of a dynamic and exciting development center, the Software Architect will develop primarily on C++ and C, utilizing state-of-the-art software development techniques, including Behavioral Driven Development and Continuous Delivery.
Working alongside existing Software Architects on the Genius platform, the ideal candidate will design and advance the Genius platform roadmap, engage with engineering teams tasked with delivering their vision, and set and maintain a standard of excellence.
- Roadmap and design future Genius platform features, capabilities and infrastructure as part of an existing and growing Genius Architecture team
- Assist in establishing technical direction across the organization, with a sound and pragmatic approach
- Deliver on the technical solution to meet the product vision for Genius
- Engage with Cayan’s Gateway Architecture team and Certification Team, who represent client/server systems that interact with the Genius platform
- Communicate strategies, policies and practices in terms that are meaningful to the engineering group.
- Participate in the definition of architecture principles, styles, policies and standards
- Participate in coding activities e.g. Proof Of Concept, code reviews and demonstrators, debugging and issue analysis
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- High degree of experience in application architecture (e.g. Event Driven Architecture, Component Based Architecture)
- High degree of experience of software design and coding, with emphasis on at least one of embedded and/or security related software development
- Experience with C++/C and Linux
- Experience of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, and Object Oriented Programming.
- Familiar with diverse, complex problems and adept at devising reasonable solutions or alternatives
- Proven experience translating Business Requirements into solutions
- Technical leader and coach, aware of applicability of new technologies
- Can work at an abstract level and create abstractions that clarify and contribute to system integrity and solution design
- Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction. Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions and experiment to validate approaches
- Creative, Investigative, Innovative, Insightful and able to make technical leaps, finding novel solutions
- Excels at grasping existing code, and identifying opportunities to improve and to integrate with existing code
- Effective and comfortable working with high-level management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including proven success in working with stakeholders with a wide range of technical knowledge
- Comfortable working in an environment that is growing rapidly and constantly addressing the inherent challenges.
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
For more information, please visit cayan.com/engineering