Software Engineer - Processor Certification and Integration
As a Senior Software Engineer, on our Processor Certification and Integration Feature Team, you will be primarily responsible building and testing our systems that integrate to our 3rd party Processors and Partners. This is a highly technical role which will include learning the intricate details of the Payments Industry and the particular implementation details Cayan currently uses. Much of the work will also involve the triage and remediation of transaction issues and key features of our Gateway.
- Design and develop server-side products in an Enterprise environment using C#, database technologies and web technologies
- Accomplish performance optimization in a product environment
- Complete technical tasks related to core processing and processor integration
- Use transport and application protocols to integrate capabilities within the underlying technical environment and across payment partner systems
- Work with C# threading and concurrency models to efficiently utilize our web servers while integrating to web services
- Demonstrate functional comprehension of software design principles, including coupling/cohesion, decomposition/modularity, encapsulation/information hiding, and separation of interface and implementation
- Efficiently generate ideas and high-quality technical solutions, including detailed analysis of idea impact assessment and ultimate selection of the most appropriate solution
- Contribute to the development of useful, technically accurate deliverables generated in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and fix defects
- Assist with software deployment activities to our production data centre
- Make process and procedural suggestions and remove obstacles
- Simplify and improve existing technical methodologies
- Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, and status reports.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in server product development
- Working experience in C# or Java
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession, not just a job
- Understanding of database design and programming
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Eligibility to work in UK on a full time and permanent basis.
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
For more information, please visit cayan.com/engineering