To assist and support the Store Manager in all aspects of the business including sales, security, cash and stock control
Senior Sales Advisor
Reports To: Store Manager
Direct Reports: Sales Advisors
Area of Business: Winemark
Location: 147 Ormeau Road, Belfast, BT7 1SL
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
- To provide the best level of service to customers, thereby maximising sales and profit
- To assist and support the Store Manager in all aspects of the business including sales, security, cash and stock control
- To control and operate a Winemark store in the Store Managers absence in accordance with Company policies and procedures
To assist and support the Manager in the following:
- Staff training and development
- Motivating and encouraging the team to attain sales targets
- Stock management
- Ensuring staff adhere to all Company instructions, policies and procedures
- Ensuring the store is operated in accordance with Company budgets
- Planning and implementing any changes in promotional activity
- Administration, for example, investigating cash / stock discrepancies, payroll and marketing
- Maths and English GCSE (Grade C or above) or equivalent OR 1 year previous supervisory experience in a retail or customer focused environment
- NVQ Level 2 & 3 in Customer Service or Retail Operations or equivalent
- WSET Level 1 Wine Certificate; Level 2 also preferred
- Must be committed to successfully completing WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
Skills And Experience
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a retail environment
- To demonstrate the ability to solve problems and to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Leadership qualities – to demonstrate your potential to be able to lead a team of people in the absence of the Store Manager and be able to set a positive example.
- Have the ability to sustain consistent performance even under pressure, and willing to take on extra esponsibility when required
- Previous experience of an EPOS system and cash handling
- Previous experience of stock handling and control
- Communication Skills – a proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, demonstrating good written, verbal and listening skills
- Customer focused – maintains a professional level of customer service at all times;identifies accurately the needs of internal and external customers and works to exceed the customer’s expectations by delivering a high quality service
- Ability to actively sell to customers
- Personal Drive and a pleasant, positive and enthusiastic, “can do” attitude, demonstrating an appropriate level of motivation
- Excellent standard of dress and appearance
- Previous experience in an off licence environment
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Interest and/or knowledge of wine
- Flexible approach to work, including hours of work and, in particular, when the manager is on annual leave. Must be able to work shifts to suit the needs of the business.
- Senior Sales Advisors are required to work a full shift on both Friday and Saturday, one of which must be an evening shift.
- Senior Sales Advisors are also required to work at least two evenings a week, inclusive of a Friday or Saturday night (and not including Sundays). Senior Sales Advisor shifts should, where possible, work opposite shifts to that of the Manager.
Other Relevant Information
- An application form needs to be completed to be considered for the role.
- Job offers will be subject to the attainment of WSET Level 2 within the first year of employment.
Completed application form, quoting job reference number 18380, all completed applications should be returned by Thursday 13 December 2018 to Human Resources Department, 3 Duncrue Place, Belfast, BT3 9BU.
We are an Equal Opportunties Employer