Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 2 days ago
An opportunity has arisen in the Belfast Markets Legal Department for a prominent role in the project management of the rollout of new document generation and data extraction technology.
An opportunity has arisen in the Belfast Markets Legal Department for a prominent role in the project management of the rollout of new document generation and data extraction technology. This new Citi technology will be fully integrated over time with existing legal technology to create straight through processing during onboarding, thus enhancing the client experience.
This role requires someone with a combination of program management, business analysis, quality control and process re-engineering experience, along with a deep understanding of Citi Institutional Clients Group (ICG) Legal products, documents, data, systems and processes.
The position will require a strong awareness of the impact of core regulation on the derivatives markets and underlying documentation.
Citi’s Legal Department in Belfast is a team of approximately 125 staff, covering a range of products and services across Citi’s Europe Middle East and Africa region (known as “EMEA”).
The Belfast Legal Department provides a range of services, support and advice to many business areas with a particular focus on Citi’s Institutional Client Group; incorporating transaction negotiation, master agreement negotiation, and oversight of compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Work with the Legal and ISG OandT teams and other stakeholders, to facilitate meetings to capture and guide the vision, strategy and business process
• Gather the business requirements for the implementation and enhancements required for each technology tool (MAMS, MAC, Exari, DocuSign etc.) in conjunction with subject matter experts and coordinate the approvals and sign off from EMEA and APAC Legal teams.
• Author know how and user manuals for each technology tool and update each manual post each new release.
• Prepare a project plan of the short tasks/deliverables and identify all tasks and dependencies into a logical implementation task plan by which to manage and monitor day-to-day work and progress
• Manage/influence Legal users to adhere to the ISG project plan and report roadblocks to senior management
• Lead UAT testing prior to MAMS, MAC and Exari releases and collate Legal users feedback post each release into production
• Conduct and record monthly training sessions following each technology release for impacted Legal users.
• Lead the ongoing rollout of each technology tool to other Legal teams (including but not limited to Germany, France, South Africa , Singapore and Mumbai)
• Prioritise each set of enhancements in line with the company goal of reduced onboarding time for the widest number of Citi Markets clients.
• Communicate project status to upper management on a regular, succinct and effective basis, proactively anticipating risk to timeline or budget, and working to resolve issues that ensure stakeholder buy-in
• Adapt to the appropriate project methodologies and project structures depending on the type of engagement.
• Keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments which impact Legal technology tools and coordinate the project plans for implementation of technology changes.
• Partner with colleagues in the other regions in order to ensure global consistency.
• The successful candidate will be expected to develop a strong understanding of Citi’s ICG products and services, and ICG client base.
• Comprehensive training on Citi’s businesses and policies will be provided to those transitioning to Citi Legal with transferable skills.
• Deep experience with effective project management methodologies (e.g.,Waterfall, Agile) and tools, such as MS Project
• A track record of success in project management, and experience in running enterprise software installation (package product software) / configuration / integration and/or business process redesign projects within large environments
• Financial Services work experience preferred.
• Outstanding organisational skills, attention to detail, ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge to solving problems immediately
The successful candidate must have a high quality academic record including a degree qualification in the relevant discipline of computer sciences or business studies.
Extensive years experience working as a project manager or with legal data systems management in either a law firm or corporate legal department is advantageous.
• Thinks logically and is good at problem solving. The key to automating templates is to be able to understand and articulate the rules that control the inclusion/exclusion of a document’s content.
• Is comfortable using new software applications. As well as understanding a document’s rules, a Template Author must be able to create and edit them using Exari’s authoring tools.
• Has an interest in systems and processes, and in thinking about how they can be changed and improved.
• Is naturally curious, wanting to understand how things work.
• Has good attention to detail. Tiny differences in template wording or rules can dramatically change the meaning of final documents.
• Interacts well with subject matter experts such as senior lawyers or managers. This is important for eliciting information from people who, while knowing the rules implicitly, might not be used to documenting how they affect the structure and content of a given document.
• Is able to write clearly and concisely. Creating user-friendly interview questions and user guidance is quite different from drafting wordy contracts and other documents.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer