We are seeking an experienced Senior Java Engineer to work within the team responsible for delivery of components within an Enterprise scale data platform, which underpins this and other strategic initiatives.
Cayan is working on a major strategic initiative, setting a new standard of excellence in the provision and support of customers, products, and services within the Payments Industry. We are seeking an experienced Senior Java Engineer to work within the team responsible for delivery of components within an Enterprise scale data platform, which underpins this and other strategic initiatives.
This large programme of work incorporates ingestion, transformation and exposure of disparate data sources spanning multiple enterprise and product platforms all within a modern Data Lake platform architecture. Due to the size of the programme this role will present the right person with great development opportunities within Cayan.
- Design and develop efficient, scalable and high throughput solutions for data processing; ingestion, transformation and exposure.
- Collaborate on data acquisition and problem definition to iteratively improve our solution
- Develop new ways to simplify or in other ways to improve the method in which a task is done.
- Identify problems, issues, collect and integrate information from a variety of sources to establish a course of action and communicate the issue and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful in a timely manner
- Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, contribute beyond assigned tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate
- Convert concepts and plans into work procedures and carry out group plans efficiently and according to plan.
- Work with other departments to acquire/disseminate information in a timely manner.
- Contribute to project success by providing ideas, strategies, improving communication among team members and executing decisions.
- Assist in project management activities: Estimation, Scheduling, Planning, Tracking progress
- Assist with training, motivating, mentoring and serve as mentor to others on the team.
- Assists with hiring (Interviewing, Phone Screens)
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Java development environment
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- An understanding of database design and development
- Experience with lightweight Message Queue technologies
- Experience working within a High Throughput environment
- An understanding of the interplay between Quality of Service, Integrity and Throughput etc.
- An understanding of Data Processing patterns and practice
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Exposure to MAP R-DB or wide column stores like; Cassandra and MongoDb
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
Have a look at how we work; //cayan.com/engineering