Excellent opportunity for a Senior Developer based in Belfast
We are looking for talented people who want to expand their knowledge and career.
Endeavour prides itself in having achieved a high level of technical accreditation and certification with world leading organisations such as Microsoft. This comes down to a combination of the wide variety of projects we undertake for our clients along with the investments we make on training and certification for our team.
Due to our continued expansion and growth we are seeking the following role to join our team.
Senior Developer (Full-time, Permanent)
We are seeking an ambitious, self-motivated senior developer to join our expanding team with a passion to design and deliver projects on time and on budget within an Agile software development team using the latest technologies.
The senior developer will be involved in the delivery of projects for clients:
- Leading technical analysis, solution design, design, development, testing, implementation and deployment;
- applying change control processes;
- reporting to project manager on project progress;
- create and maintain software documentation; and
- assist in code reviews to maintain project quality.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
The senior developer should:
- be able to establish a good working relationship with the client and internal project teams;
- be ambitious and self-motivated;
- be a strong team player with problem-solving and analytical skills;
- be keen to learn and share knowledge;
- have an interest in researching and learning about new technologies;
- be able to work to tight schedules and deadlines;
- be able to contribute to internal improvements; and
- take a professional approach to their work and career development.
REQUIREMENTS – ESSENTIAL
Essential requirements for this position are as follows:
- At least two years’ experience leading projects;
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming;
- Understand client requirements and how they translate to new application features;
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices and programming principles;
- Strong knowledge of relational database design and experience with Microsoft SQL;
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices;
- Understanding of unit and integration testing and the ability to create test scripts;
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills with the ability to accurately estimate time to complete tasks and projects;
- Strong interest in new technologies and concepts with the ability to pick them up quickly and apply them to client projects;
- Desire to achieve Microsoft development qualifications through continual learning;
- Fluent in English with excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
- A positive “can do” attitude; and
- Bachelor (Hons) degree in a computing related degree.
REQUIREMENTS – DESIRED
The following desired requirements would also be considered to be advantageous:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (preferably with awards in the last 2 years);
- Experience of Agile methodologies;
- Experience in Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Kentico CMS;
- Experience in Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation or Xamarin;
- Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services;
- Experience using Infragistics or Telerik components;
- Experience gathering client requirements;
- Experience in code reviews; and
- Ability to evaluate and reprogram existing applications to update and add new features.
Extensive Benefits Package to Include:
- City centre location with great transport links
- 32 days paid time off (including 12 office closure days)
- Quarterly Social events. Also including free office tea, coffee and biscuits, Friday cookies and donuts / Xbox and games
- Employee suggestion scheme with monthly Amazon voucher for the best suggestion
- Study leave, exam leave and paid exam fees for approved exams including Microsoft, CompTIA and Cisco. As well as this we also offer Exam success bonuses.
- Unlimited access to paid for online training resources from multiple vendors
- Monthly Lunch and Learn sessions
- NEST pension scheme
- Increase in paid time off after 3 years continued service increasing 1 day per full year to a maximum of 25 excluding office closure days
- Enhanced occupational sick pay
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
NOTE FOR: RECUITMENT AGENCIES & OUTSOURCE COMPANIES
If you are one of the above, please do not attempt to contact us regarding these positions. We have already provided this requirement to the agencies we use locally and it is our policy not to outsource client projects.