Renewable Engine is an innovative, multi-partner, cross-border programe aiming to deliver industrial research, development and innovation at PhD level in partnership with manufacturing and engineering businesses across the INTERREG eligible region
- · Develop, plan and undertake research on behalf of industry resulting in the publishing of academic papers.
- · Supervise the research work being undertaken by the PhD Research group within the Renewable Engine project.
- · Manage the project definition phase for each piece of work and ensure work specified can be delivered by the PhD Research group.
- · Design, develop and refine research projects for the research group and monitor progress against delivery targets.
- · Specify and source the necessary experimental apparatus required to deliver research activities on behalf of industry partners.
- · Carry out analyses, critical evaluations and interpretations using methodologies and other techniques appropriate to the area of research.
- · Present regular progress reports on research to members of the research group or to external audiences to disseminate and publicise research findings.
- · Prepare, in consultation with academic supervisors and PhD researchers, material for publication in national and international journals and presentations at international conferences.
- · Carry out administrative tasks associated with the Renewable Engine project to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget. These might include organisation of project meetings and documentation, financial control and risk assessment of research activities.
- · Carry out day-to-day supervision of Renewable Engine PhD Researchers.
- · Provide academic guidance to PhD Researchers on previously published work, applicable journal articles and conference opportunities.
- · Co-ordination of a PhD researcher group/cluster to allow networking between PhD Researchers across each of the Renewable Engine partner sites.
- · Read academic papers, journals and textbooks to keep abreast of developments in own specialism and related disciplines.
- · Preparation of Project delivery Plans with monitoring of implementation and progress.
- · Assist in the management of project activities to ensure all output targets are met.
- · Generate new innovation projects with industry with responsibility for liaison with companies.
- · Liaise and communicate with external stakeholders (regionally and internationally) to identify and address economic development and innovation challenges to include industry, universities, European partners, councils and government agencies.
- · Development of the profile of the partnership to include marketing initiatives to promote the work of the project.
- · Production of research papers with identification of target journals and conferences.
- · Reporting and information transfer into SWC management teams to ensure knowledge and information on industrial developments are taken forward into SWC planning activities.
- · To promote and raise the profile of the partnership and the services it provides to the business and civic community.
- · To ensure full compliance with health and safety requirements and legislation in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- · To comply with and actively promote College policies and procedures on all aspects of equality.
- · To contribute to College quality assurance systems.
At all times observe all internal College policies and procedures