Axiom, a pioneer in the legal industry and a leading, global provider of technology-enabled legal solutions, is seeking a Project Manager to join our projects team in our Belfast office.
Manager, Project Management II – Belfast COE
Closing Date: 17th December 2018
Axiom is a recognised leader in the business of law and growing faster than anyone in the industry. We’re a new category of professional services firm that applies best practices from other industries to help General Counsel do legal work intelligently. We are 1,200 people serving nearly half of the Fortune 100 via 14 offices and 5 delivery centers globally.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our projects team based out of our Belfast Centre of Excellence. This rapidly growing team is responsible for the development, implementation, and delivery of Merger & Acquisition and Regulatory & Compliance contract solutions for our clients. The individual must be driven with extensive project management experience with a strong sense of delivery and client satisfaction.
The Project Manager will:
- Manage and implement multiple large scale, complex projects or multiple, smaller scale projects. The projects will entail managing a client-facing deliverable
- As such, the PM will be asked to:
- Work with the project stakeholders to define project scope and objectives
- Develop and manage a project schedule
- Launch projects
- Manage budgets,
- Manage client communications, including the development of communication plans, production of status reports and Executive communications
- Lead and manage project resources
- Measure and report on project performance using appropriate metrics
- Identify risks and issues and develop appropriate mitigation plans
- Proactively manage and monitor execution of deliverables and status
- Plan and manage project quality
- Manage the critical path, dependencies, and contingencies
- Ensure the project stakeholders’ expectations are understood and managed,
- Effectively manage changes in scope, schedule, budget or quality
- Ensure that the project team follows all Axiom Methodologies and quality assurance processes
- Manage junior and senior team members and develop appropriate training plans
- Effectively leverage technology systems to support delivery effort
- Managing complex projects within an Axiom Centre of Excellence
- Direct line management of resources as appropriate
- Effectively and efficiently operate in a deadline driven environment in order to meet client expectations.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Sales and Architecture teams, building client understanding, confidence, and enthusiastic acceptance for proposed solutions, resulting in Axiom winning the proposed work
- Contribute to building Axiom’s proprietary Intellectual Property in the rapidly changing Managed Contracts Services business area.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- Embody and live our core values to foster our unique culture.
Our ideal candidate:
This position is ideal for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, goal orientation and a demonstrated pattern of strong, practical problem solving skills, who exhibits an outstanding work ethic and professionalism, and thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing environment, and is highly credible with senior client executives.
This position is based out of our Belfast office and reports to a Senior Manager. The candidate would need to be open to project travel as required.
In addition to exhibiting our core values (Irresistible, Fresh, Thoughtful, and Committed), our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of project leadership and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of client service and problem solving leadership within a Professional Services services firm
- Demonstrable experience of managing large teams and large scale projects
- Relentless focus on clients’ needs and consistently raises the bar on service excellence
- Experience of Performing sophisticated analyses of work output and other client reports
- Creates operating processes to drive effective workflows
- Understands service requirements across multiple clients
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Operates independently, with no supervision
- Very strong commercial awareness, working directly with senior business managers
- Track record leading and developing teams, with direct line management responsibility. Extensive experience coaching and mentoring of more junior team members
- Superb time management, judgement, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Thrives in both individual and collaborative team environments
- Expert high-impact communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint and Excel. MS Project experience highly recommended)
- A fit for Axiom’s culture and core values: fresh, thoughtful, committed and irresistible
- Prince2 or PMI certified
- Experience in Financial Services Contracts
At Axiom we are incredibly selective in our hiring. Shortlisting for this vacancy will be completed on the basis of merit and candidates should tailor their CVs to reflect our essential criteria. Where there is a large volume of applicants for this vacancy, Axiom also reserves the right to rely on desirable criteria for the purposes of shortlisting.
As part of ISO compliant organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Belfast Centre and globally at Axiom. As a member of your team, you will have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.