Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities.
Due to our continued growth, Designer Group are looking for a Project Engineer from a Pharmaceutical background.
Project Engineer (Pharmaceutical)
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Hon Degree qualification in Process, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 3-4 years relevant experience
- Capable of working in and leading a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent personal interaction skills, Strong communication and ability to express oneself in both written and verbal communication
- Commercial awareness
- Capacity to manage resources
- Advanced computer literacy particularly in AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess the ability to switch gears quickly, and prioritize many high priority tasks at once. This job suits someone who is energized by constant challenge, can quickly grasp production best practices theoretically while foreseeing potential pitfalls of system design.
- Candidate excels at organizing and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to deliver under tight timelines
- Strong background in mechanical systems.
- Working closely with the client, Process & Utility designers, vendors and contractors and general contractors, during preplanning, construction, and commissioning.
- Develop, design, and manage many concurrent capital projects with best practices always front of mind.
- Review the User Requirements Specification, client requirements and the Project Quality Plan. Interpret and analyses a Process Flow Diagram (PFD); Process and Instrumentation Drawing (P&ID); Process Functional Specification (PFD) for the project.
- Isometric production, scheduling of materials, Assistance in costing,
- QA management, system walk downs
- The ability to review, understand, and audit P&IDs
- Joining a dynamic team of many personalities and working with them effectively and efficiently
- Succeeding with limited information through experiential knowledge, technical understanding, and a pragmatic approach
- Ensuring the delivery of quality control from concept, through Hazop, definition of KPI’s, Design qualification, Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification and validation.