Excellent opportunity for a Production Process & Quality Engineer based in Dunleer Co.Louth
Job Vacancy: Production Process & Quality Engineer
Location: Dunleer, Co. Louth
Reports to: Quality & Technical Manager
Job Purpose Statement:
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining production process efficiency through continuous improvement and support new product introduction. They will be actively involved in maintaining factory Quality certifications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out internal quality audits
- Maintain production process to maintain factory certifications
- Approval of pre-shipment Inspection documents;
- Identify non-conformances and work with supplier for solutions and corrective actions;
- Create Bill of Materials;
- Creating and maintain Product Test Procedures & Standard Operating Procedures;
- Day to day Engineering/Technical/Quality support to all production areas;
- Identification, co-ordination and implementation of process improvement measures;
- The introduction of new products, processes and equipment into the production environment;
- Support the training of production personnel;
- This position is based at Glen Dimplex, Barn Road, Dunleer. Some travel to visit other group locations is expected.
- A minimum of 3/5 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Working Knowledge of Quality Management System ISO9001:2015;
- Ability to read standards and implement supporting documentation/processes;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel;
- Working knowledge of lean management tools;
- Ability to read Engineering drawings;
- Working knowledge of high volume production processes.
The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Working knowledge of Injection moulding; Fabrication; Printing; Assembly
- Working knowledge of AS400 system or SAP
- Working knowledge of electrical product manufacturing
- An enthusiastic, proactive approach to their work, with a positive “can do” attitude, capable of delivering results within tight timescales;
- Ability to grasp modern technology quickly;
- Effective and established problem-solving skills;
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects;
- Strong communication skills.
To Apply: Forward your CV by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
Closing date: Monday 10th December 2018 at 12 noon