Excellent opportunity for Powder Coat Painter based in Coleraine and Dunloy sites.
Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title Powder Coat Painter
Responsible To Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Production Manager
Job Summary Powder coat a wide range of metal products to a high standard to meet customer specifications and production targets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Skills & Abilities
- Powder coat products in automatic or manual spray booth according to customer specification;
- Powder spray with particular attention focused on correct colour and thickness;
- Spray a range of products from aluminium extrusions, large flat surfaces and complex profiles to a high standard;
- Visually and mechanically check finished items for flaws and proper coverage. Refinish and touch up as required.
- Consistently follow company procedures in relation to safe working practices and reporting of risks and accidents;
- Recognize hazardous situations and take appropriate actions with regard to your own and others safety;
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
Use of Material & Equipment
- Ensure optimum use of materials within your control to minimize scrap / wastage;
- Identify, select and return powder boxes correctly according to work schedule;
- Demonstrate due care and respect for company equipment and machinery and complete preventive
- maintenance where appropriate;
- Clean down electrostatic spray guns and spray booths in line with Company guidelines.
- Work to agreed output targets and deadlines, communicating status and progress to your Team Leader /
- Supervisor as the work progresses;
- Identify the reasons for missing or exceeding agreed output targets and apply the learning to future works;
- Consistently produce work to the required company quality standards and customer specifications;
- Inspect your work and take positive action to report and correct defects and to prevent repetitive errors;
- Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes.
- Provide general support to management and assist with overflow work from colleagues as needed to ensure that the site runs smoothly;
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating and collaborating with customers, clients, coworkers,
- and management;
- Participate in and attend cross functional training and departmental meetings as required;
- Monitor own development towards business and individual objectives;
- Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 each employee has a responsibility to Health and Safety and must also adhere to their responsibilities as laid out in the H & S policy.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
Please click here for full Job Description
Please click here to be directed to be directed to our website.