Excellent opportunity for Plant fitter based in Dunmurry.
Job title: Plant Fitter
Reports to: Plant Manager
Farrans Construction are seeking to recruit a Plant Fitter to join the Plant Team.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Plant Team and will cover a variety of work within NI and GB.
Duties and responsibilities
- As Plant Fitter your role will involve working on routine servicing and repair of a wide range of equipment.
- You will be required to work closely with the Plant Manager to help provide support on a number of Engineering contracts.
- General maintenance and refurbishments.
The successful candidate will be initially be based in Dunmurry but will be expected to travel as part of their role to construction sites, Company fixed locations or other locations as requested by the Plant Manager.
- NVQ Level 3 Plant Maintenance (or equivalent)
- An appropriate and valid CSCS / CSR card (Preferable).
- Full Driving License (Essential).
- Previous experience desired in line with duties above.
- Experience and knowledge of working in a workshop environment, plant, heavy vehicle or farming background.
- Experience of working on crawler cranes, hydraulic systems, telehandlers, excavators, fabricating and welding.
- HGV Licence
- Telehandler Licence
- Counterbalance Forklift Licence
Skills & Competencies
- Flexible approach to working hours and prepared to travel and work away from NI to meet job requirements.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong communication skills and able to work with and communicate with colleagues.
- Good time keeper.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Monday-Thursday 7:55am-16:45pm, Friday 7:55am-13:45pm.
- Hours of work 39 per week.
- Time and a half for hour over 39 hours per week.
- Double Time on Sundays.
- Holidays- 30 days per year including Bank holidays.
- Own transport will be required going to and from work.
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV
Closing Date: 2nd January 2019
Farrans Construction is An Equal Opportunities Employer