An opportunity for two Operations Supervisors to have overall responsibility for the day-to-day supervision of a designated production team to ensure the timely manufacture and delivery of window blinds within budgeted and planned cost, quality and time parameters.
Decora’s calibre and over 35 years history are described through the company’s products. With the development, the corporate strategies and the attention the company has paid to new technology, the blinds created by Decora can be truly appreciated by observing the amount of time and thought put into each product.
Supplying a wide range of systems, componentry and made to measure blinds, Decora can offer exclusive and distinctive blind products to trade customers who demand the very best. These venerable, specialized services offer customers the opportunity to receive a reliant service by delivering the latest innovations in the blind market.
Continually investing in training and technology, Decora have been awarded the ISO 9001 quality standard, ISO 14001 environmental standard and have been recognised as Investors in People.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
We are recruiting for 2 positions on each fixed shift: Day Shift Monday- Friday0700-1515 Evening shift, Monday- Friday 1500-2315
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and co-ordinate, in conjunction with the other Supervisors as required, the timely manufacture or dispatch of window blinds within your designated teams to achieve your team objectives and balanced scorecard Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as determined by management.
- To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within your area is maintained at the highest possible standards for the customer.
- Ensure ISO 9001 (2015) controls and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Carry out random quality inspections and ensure full checks are made on all remakes/ repairs/ special orders, etc.
- Work closely with the Quality department to identify recurring quality problems, agree, initiate and monitor relevant corrective action.
- Implement the company’s Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within your area of responsibility (e.g. manual handling, use of PPE, safe use of machinery and equipment, stacking & storage, etc.).
- Carry out health & safety audits and inspections as required. Record and report findings and take, or follow-up on, relevant corrective action.
- Liaise with the maintenance team to ensure preventive, breakdown and specialist maintenance of all machinery and equipment within your area, ensuring that all maintenance schedules and records are updated accordingly.
- To be a key holder and to ensure buildings are opened, secured and locked up and the alarm set as required.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the effective supervision, training & development and health, safety & welfare of your team.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring, thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit.
- Ensure compliance with all company rules and procedures and departmental work instructions, processes, systems, etc.
- To continually review and report on resource requirements against anticipated scheduling/future business plans/new products e.g. staffing levels, redeployment, training/cross training, machinery and equipment requirements whilst factoring in process and efficiency improvements.
- Ensure timely, full and accurate communication with all relevant departments on any factors which will impact on delivery dates, commitments to customers, quality, etc.
- To keep the Manager and other relevant managers, supervisors and departments promptly advised on all relevant matters, problems or requirements.
- To ensure timely and accurate compliance with all administrative and reporting procedures and routines and that paperwork is forwarded to the relevant parties.
- A minimum of 3 years recent, relevant supervisory experience gained within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing teams within tight quality and efficiency parameters
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages and in particular, Excel
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to implement and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Customer focused
- Qualification in Supervisory Management
- Relevant qualification in production or manufacturing
- Experience of Quality Systems (preferably ISO 9001 2015)
- Experience of employee relations
- Experience of training/developing staff
Please forward your CV and covering letter, which demonstrate how the above criteria are met, through the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Be specific on which shift you are applying for.
Closing date: 7th January 2019.
Please click here to view Applicant Privacy Notice
*Please note applicants of OS2/07.18 need not apply.