This is an exciting new opportunity to work for a leading manufacturing organisation
This is an exciting new opportunity to work for a leading manufacturing organisation as part of our commitment to look after the health, safety and well-being of our employees. This is a standalone role which necessitates an independent practitioner. The Successful practitioner will form and integral part of the Human Resources Department and will report to the Head of HR NI. The successful candidate will be required to be flexible around working hours to service shift patterns.
- Developing, implementing and managing Occupational Health within the company in accordance with current and relevant legislation, specifically in relation to food safety.
- Creating, maintaining and monitoring health records in accordance with NMC’s Code of Conduct.
- Prioritising occupational health service needs.
- Providing counselling, support and advice to employees
- Assisting with identifying health hazards relating to their area of work.
- Providing occupational health advice to managers and employees.
- Advising management of employee’s fitness to work.
- Coordinate and provide occupational health screening, which will include, but will not be limited to; dermatological assessments, lung function assessments, audiometry for noise exposure, musculoskeletal monitoring, vision testing, drug and alcohol testing and general health screening (height, weight, blood pressure and cholesterol)
- Must hold the following qualifications – RGN
- Occupational Health Nursing qualification or equivalent (Cert/ Dip/ Degree)
- NMC Part 3 registration desirable or considerable experience in Occupational Health
- Proven experience of delivering Occupational Health Services within medium to large organisations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard and report writing to be within best practice standard.
- IT Skills in Outlook, Word and Powerpoint preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective and inclusive working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Appropriate knowledge of safety, data protection and equal opportunities legislation
- Ability to work as effective team member
- A full driving licence
- Desirable experience of working within the Food manufacturing industry,
- Training and experience dealing with mental health issues
- Trained counsellor
This role operates on a part time, 12-16 hours per week basis.
All candidates must be flexible and prepared to work additional hours when required to meet customer demand.
Applications must be submitted via CV
The closing date for receipt of completed application is 5pm on Friday 7th December 2018