Excellent opportunity for a Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineer based in Dungannon
Northern Hydraulics Ltd
JOB TITLE: Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: N/A
Department: Technical Engineering
Reporting to: Technical Engineering Manager
OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the role of engineer is a critical position within Northern Hydraulics Ltd. The post holder will be responsible for a variety of daily duties to ensure the smooth running of our key operations aswell as having the opportunity to take the lead on continuous improvement projects and product design projects.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to actively contributing to ensure the company’s continued success, whilst maintaining our company reputation as a leading manufacturer of high quality hydraulic cylinders. The ideal candidate will be proactive, hands on and looking for an engineering role that offers variety of work by supporting products through their entire lifecycle from design though manufacture, field support and obsolescence.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of drawings, BOM’s and routing design packs using both AutoCAD and 3D Solidworks packages.
- System maintenance of Design packs using AQP and ECO system
- Full responsibility for management and maintenance of ECO system
- Preparing quotations for customer enquires including quotations for new products.
- Responsible for new product development and introduction, establishing suitable lean manufacturing techniques.
- Implementing best practise standard work procedures on shop floor to improve safety, quality and maximise efficiency
- Monitor and analyse current systems of production and proactively propose improvements in line with our continuous improvement systems.
- Carry out root cause analysis on quality defects using 5Y/8D methods as a means to permanently resolve manufacturing issues.
- Assist in the management of quality control and non-conformances processes
- Implementation and manage process controls for assigned manufacturing cells within the shop floor.
- Driving cost reduction through design standardisation of existing portfolio and new products.
- Working against ISO 9001 Framework
- Working in line with all laid down Health, Safety & Environmental Legislation and company rules relating to safe working practices
- Working in line all relevant environmental legislation and company rules relating to safe working practices
- Any other projects as assigned by the Production & Operations Management team
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties; the post holder will be responsible for all duties aforementioned in addition to all other aspects of the role as considered by the Technical Engineering Manager to fall into the Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering role remit.
- Degree educated with a minimum of 2 years in a mechanical design or manufacturing engineering role or QBE.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Initiative and drive to deliver performance
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Proven track record of ability to meet strict deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in line with company requirements
- Proven experience of systematic approach to root cause analysis of quality & time losses
- Experience in a CNC machining environment
- Experience of welding process qualification and control
- Hydraulics experience
- Continuous Improvement qualification
- Lean manufacturing qualification
Application method: Forward CV by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below quoting ‘MECHANICAL & MANUFACTURING ENGINEER’.
Closing date 16th December 2018