AGRO Merchants Group are currently seeking an IT Technical Support Officer for our main office in Lurgan. This role is within a shared service centre that supports our NI/ROI Operations.
IT Systems Admin monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks. They could be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults or solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. The IT Technical Support Officer may work within first or second-line support. This work is as much about understanding how information systems are used as applying technical knowledge related to computer of hardware or software.
An IT Technical Support Officer must have the ability to operate within a high-pressured environment, while successfully handling multiple competing priorities. They must possess a high level of discipline and display a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems of resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware of software faults
- Replace parts as required
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customer and other IT professionals
- Respond within agreed time-limits to call outs
- Set up new user accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- An ICT related qualification
- Minimum of 2 years commercial experience in a similar role
- Experience of developing long term relationships with customers
- Excellent knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suites
- Working knowledge of using Windows Server 2008r2 / 2012r2
- Working knowledge of using AD/GPO/DNS/DHCP
- Full valid driving license (travel between NI/ROI sites may be required)
- Excellent listening and questioning skills combined with an ability to interact confidently with clients and co-workers to establish what the problem is and provide the solution
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to develop clear and concise documentation/narratives
- Strong analytical skills with a proven problem solving ability
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology
Hours of Work:
Mon-Fri 8:30am – 5:30pm core hours, however due to the nature of the work you may be expected to work on call from time to time.
AGRO Merchants Group are an equal opportunities employer