This is a hands‐on role, requiring technical skills from security operations activities to the contribution towards security engineering functions.
This is a hands‐on role, requiring technical skills from security operations activities to the contribution towards security engineering functions. The primary focus of the role will be to work closely with the threat management center to perform security monitoring and incident response on identified events.
- Contribute to Cayan’s daily security operations function by managing a security monitoring framework and work closely with global information security teams and the threat management centre.
- Responsible for security event analysis, incident response, and related activities.
- Responsible for the maintenance of SIEM use cases, and creation of rules to enhance detection of new emerging threats.
- Support security engineering functions, working with antimalware tools, DLP and patching tools.
- Collaborate and advise management, application development teams, project managers and other infrastructure engineering groups on security best practices.
- Extensive experience in a security operations environment and conducting on analysis and investigations of identified security events.
- Experience in analyzing logs from network, application and host-based security tools.
- Extensive experience working with SIEM platforms.
- Extensive and in‐depth working knowledge across multiple technical
- disciplines including one or more of the following; SIEM, Firewalls following; , WAF, Enterprise Anti‐ Malware solutions, DLP, Vulnerability Assessment tools, FIM.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well‐organized way.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent work ethic and the ability to be a productive and reliable team member.
- BA/BSc degree in either Computer Science, Information Security or related discipline preferred.
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a permanent and full-time basis.
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
For more information, please visit cayan.com/engineering