We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced head chef for our Maldron Hotel Derry.
Maldron Hotel Derry
We have a fantastic new vacancy for a Head Chef for our Maldron Hotel Derry. We are looking for a talented individual with strong experience within the hospitality sector.
Objective of the Role
Reporting to the General Manager, the Head Chef will be responsible for the overall running of the kitchen and will be the leader in meeting and exceeding our own very high standards within the kitchen.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Head Chef to organise the kitchen’s activities, ensuring creativity and passion are at the forefront of everything that we do. The Head Chef will also be responsible for all kitchen Health & Safety.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the serving
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
Health & Safety
- To fulfil your obligations under the Health & Safety at Work (NI) order 1978 and the Health and safety at work regulations of 1993.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken for health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises.
- To keep work areas tidy and safe and report any hazard, loss or damage to management.
- To be aware of trained first-aid personnel on the premises and the location of first aid box.
- To observe all safety rules and procedures, including those laid down in the Health & Safety Statement.
- To participate in all Health and Safety training scheduled for you.
- To inform Management immediately in the event that you are personally involved in any accident or incident on the hotel grounds or if you are witness to an accident or incident involving a third party.
The following essential requirements must be demonstrate on application:
- A minimum of three years experience in a similiar position
- The above must include day-to-day management of a small-medium sized kitchen teams.
- Strong experience of working with budgets and other cost control mechanisms.
- Strong practical experience of utilising appropriate computer packages within your job role for example, stock ordering and staff rostering
- Catering qualification
- Food safety management level three
The following criteria will be demonstrated throughout interview
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Qualification in culinary or other relevant qualification
- Ablility to cope under pressure
- Demonstrate flexibility
Dalata Hotel Group – Ireland’s largest hotel group. As Dalata continues to grow and expand it’s more important than ever to have the right team alongside us, in the near future we will be opening the doors of new hotels creating over 400 jobs and investing over €110m in the Irish economy.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees.
A full job description can be sent, later in the process, or on request.
Closing date: 2nd January 2019
Dalata Hotel Group Plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.