Excellent opportunity for Estimator based in Newry.
Job Title: Estimator
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the award winning MJM Marine. The role is based at the Company’s head office in Newry, Co. Down. The successful Applicant will join the established Estimating Department and will benefit from working for a Company which places particular emphasis on Investment in its people.
Produce accurate & detailed estimates including any other necessary information to comply with the clients request for a quote.
- Interpret client requirements and prepare a detailed estimate & financial model for review with internal management.
- Monitor and update data on labor resource returns for standard items and apply these to the estimate model with current internal and external labor rates.
- Prepare enquiries for materials, sub-contract, and any other resource items specific to project.
- Maintain a database of standard material, sub contract, labour and any other resource.
- Prepare detailed estimate for materials and labour for specialized items of supply and installation and review these with internal department for in house supply and with specialist subcontractors for outsourcing.
- Survey at site where required to verify tender requirements.
- Prepare commercial and technical inputs for tender submissions in the Client’s required format and review inputs with contract, production and commercial departments before submission.
- Attend Client meetings as required.
- Prepare contract brief to project team on contract award.
- Assist project team on start up phase with major item requisitions and order planning when required.
- Review contract returns at end of project and update future inputs as required.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and innovations and apply these within projects where appropriate to maintain a competitive position within the market.
- Undertake any other duties which would reasonable fall within the job title.
- Specialist Joinery estimating experience
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Have the ability to work alone and as a team player and contributor.
- Must be prepared to travel on occasions as part of the role
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website
You will be directed to the complete the following steps:
1.Click on ‘Apply for this job’
2.Complete the application form online.
3.Download the application form after completion
4.Save the downloaded form
5.Upload the downloaded form to the site
Completed application forms with monitoring form should be submitted by Friday 21st December 2018 at 5pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer.