We are seeking an experienced and motivated Solution Architect to join a team capable of realising the next generation of customer engagement.
Cayan is working on a major initiative, setting a new standard of excellence in the provision and support of customers, products, and services within the Payments Industry. We are seeking an experienced and motivated Solution Architect to join a team capable of realising the next generation of customer engagement.
Working as part of an Enterprise Architecture team, the Solution Architect is responsible for designing and implementing an enterprise scale solution transforming our customers’ journey, products and their engagements with our business.
The Solution Architect recognises that existing enterprise systems typically model data and capabilities from a perspective that supports their specific area of concern with limitations in areas outside of their primary product offering. The Solution Architect is key to unlocking the full potential of our systems, defining integrated solutions capable of supporting our enterprise and providing a sound foundation for a best-of-breed customer servicing and support.
Transforming a conceptual model onto heterogenous enterprise systems means the Solution Architect must exploit the strengths of each system rather than adopting a lowest common denominator model.
- Modeling business entities, relationships, operational and compliance rules to create a conceptual model representing: our customers, their products and services, operational artifacts (accounts, contacts, case management, etc.) and business-customer engagements.
- Analyse process workflows and capture the impact of data constraints, processing rules and non-functional requirements (performance, scalability, security, etc.) on the conceptual solution architecture.
- Work with Software Architects, DBAs and Technical leads from across the Enterprise to map the conceptual architecture onto an integrated systems solution.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to engineering teams responsible for the enterprise systems which contribute to the integrated enterprise solution.
- The Solution Architect will leverage the power of a domain driven data model to create efficient and compelling customer engagement that is realised as a market differentiator to our customers. We do not want to “automate stupid.”
- Work within the limitations of platform enterprise systems to ensure a cohesive enterprise solution made up of heterogenous systems, each with their own strengths and limitations with regards key entities.
- Proven track record of delivering in each of the roles and responsibilities listed above
- BSc, MSc or equivalent in a Computing/IT field, or a Business Analytics related field
Strong business awareness and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to engage with technical and non-technical aspects of the business to accurately model and abstract the essential parts of our domain.
- Able to digest and apply industry compliance restrictions, security restrictions, etc. on the platform data model and business process automation relating to the model.
- Able to work within and familiar with industry, organization and security constraints
- Will work with Cayan’s Information Security and Compliance teams to ensure these non-functional aspects are first-class citizens within our products.
Data and Process Modelling
- Extensive experience in data modeling, data abstraction, business process modeling, and optimisation.
- Experience with one or more of: BPMN, BPEL, Domain Driven Design, Data Flow Analysis and Design
- Experience of Business Process Automation
- Proven ability to transform conceptual designs onto concrete enterprise solutions in an efficient manner
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of enterprise integration patterns. Inc. Message Oriented Middleware, SOA, API and Webhooks etc.
- Understand the practical implications, pros-and-cons of various concrete data storage mechanisms, e.g., Relational DB, NoSQL, Star DB
Self Organising and Self-Starter
- This is a technical leadership role, and the Solutions Architect will have a wide remit.
- Expected to pursue the right solution path without requiring micromanagement.
- Expected to identify and engage with the correct stakeholders to feed their decision making, collaboration, and sign-off.
- Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and capable of resolving uncertainty and setting direction.
- Creative, investigative and innovative in the approach to domain modeling and business process automation.
- Effective and comfortable in working with senior management, engineering teams, technical and non-technical customers and stakeholders.
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
Have a look at how we work; cayan.com/engineering