Excellent opportunity for a Heating Engineers and Oil Burning Technicians based in Newry, Lisburn, Belfast and Newtownards/Bangor Areas
Job Title: Heating Engineers and Oil Burning Technicians
(Planned and Response)
Team: Greenview Gas Operational Team
Keen to recruit engineers in the following areas; Newry, Lisburn, Belfast and Newtownards/Bangor Areas
- Responsibilities for Oil and/or Gas Engineers and technicians
- At all times, be aware of and adhere to the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety at Work Policy.
- Carry out the servicing, maintenance, diagnostics breakdown repairs and installations of a variety of gas/ oil burning boiler manufacturers and appliances, efficiently and to a high standard.
Role will be a mix of:
- repairing gas/ oil boilers, heating systems and associated pipework / plumbing in across domestic residential sites
- Planned Servicing gas/ oil boilers, heating systems and associated pipework / plumbing in across domestic residential sites
- Installing gas/ oil boilers heating systems and associated pipework / plumbing in across domestic residential sites
- completing Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR’s) checks
- replacing or repairing leaks (oil, gas and water) or faulty or old parts
- general plumbing/remedial works to heating systems (including but not limited to: fitting magnetic filters, sealing flues, capping meters, cooker connections, fitting room stats, timeclocks and/or programmers, replacement of radiators, valves, two ports, three ports etc)
Additional responsibilities for Supervisors
- Assist Service Manager and team
- Strong people management skills
- Attend problematic/ complex jobs, demonstrating customer focus
- Provide training support
- Attend site visits and monitor ‘field trials’
- Carry out Technical audit
- Ensure compliance against rules, regulations and company policies.
- Carry out ad hoc duties from time to time as directed by the line manager
Depending on the position applied for, the applicant is expected to hold one or more of the qualifications listed below:
- Recognised gas industry Level 3 qualification
- Gas Safe registration OFTEC Registered
- Relevant ACS, OFTEC or current ACOP’s equivalent qualifications
- CCN1, CEN1, WAT1 & LPG, CKR1 and HTR1, OFTEC (Permanent dwellings)
- A demonstrated commitment to H&S compliance
- Ability to demonstrate experience of the listed responsibilities
- Applicants must hold full driving licence and permission to work in UK.
- You must be polite and well-mannered with a helpful “will do” attitude
- As the majority of the work will be carried out in residential homes, we will require a recent DBS certificate or Greenview Heating will perform a DBS check as part of the on-boarding process
- Well organised and methodical, with ability to show attention to detail in all matters.
- Effective communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels, and respond well to people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong sense of time management, punctuality and reliability.
- Conscientious, polite and amiable.
- Technically and commercially astute
- basic IT skills and good maths skills for making calculations
- the ability to follow technical layouts and diagrams
Greenview Gas is an equal opportunities employer committed to opportunity for all and offers competitive salaries, reflective of experience. As an SME, the successful candidate will be provided opportunities to expand their skills and experience across a broad spectrum in a secure and thriving environment.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV