The Deputy Manager will support the Registered Manager in the management of the service and will work as part of the staff team to develop and ensure all personalised care / support plans meet individual needs in accordance with standards
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Deputy Manager -Temporary REF: 18/181/DM-TM/WEB
The Deputy Manager will support the Registered Manager in the management of the service and will work as part of the staff team to develop and ensure all personalised care / support plans meet individual needs in accordance with standards as defined in the Cedar’s quality management system, the Domiciliary Care Agencies Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2007, the DHSS&PS Domiciliary Care Agency Minimum Standards and in line with the Supporting People Framework. They must maintain continuity of care and support and manage all resources required to deliver the services.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Temporary – Initially 1 Year
Location: Supported Living Services – The Mews Supported Living
Salary: 6 point incremental scale commencing on £27,538 per annum
- A professional social work qualification and registered on the appropriate part of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) register, without condition;
- A first level registered nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register;
- An allied health professional registered with the Health Professions Council.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in any health or social care setting with people who have significant needs. At least one years of this experience must be in a relevant management capacity in a health and social care setting.
- A Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults’ Management) Wales and Northern Ireland and be eligible for registration on appointment, or willing to attain in first year.
- A minimum of four years’ practice experience in any health and social care setting as above
- Experience of managing in a group living facility for people who have learning disabilities and significant associated needs.
Applicants must also be able to demonstrate knowledge of and expertise in
- People Management & Development
- Resource & Budget Management
- Legislative & Policy Context in which Living Options operate
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in using standard office IT applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in UK and Ireland and have access to a car on appointment*
*This criterion will be waived in the case of a suitable application who has a disability which prohibits them from driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements in order to meet the requirements of the post
- Management Qualification
- QCF level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care
- Services (Adults’ Management)
- Physical intervention training (MAPA or equivalent)
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of developing reports and timely responses to operational and strategic objectives
- Experience of leading on compliance with Domiciliary Care Agencies Minimum Standards.
- Experience of Supporting People Quality Assessment Framework _______________________________________________
Apply online at
Closing Date: Monday 7th January 2019, at 4.00 pm
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER