The Business Manager will have responsibility for managing and improving the day to day operational processes within the Business Unit (BU) which support the management team
The Business Manager will have responsibility for managing and improving the day to day operational processes within the Business Unit (BU) which support the management team and wider BU including sales, revenue and staff forecasting, staff allocation and recruitment forecasting, month-end closure, profitability and working capital.
- Responsible for supporting the management team to achieve or exceed targeted project and BU profitability whilst ensuring the accuracy of the underlying data.
- Responsible for accurate revenue and staff forecasting within the BU.
- Manage staff allocation to projects with awareness of the needs of both the project and individual.
- Manage and control staff availability while minimising overall BU bench time.
- Tracking staff utilisation initiating corrective action with Delivery Managers where appropriate.
- Support the BU recruitment process, forecasting and identifying staff requirements for all roles and levels within the BU and working closely with the Kainos Recruitment team to meet demand.
- Working closely with the BU Talent Partner and Capability Leads to develop the staff within the BU, ensuring that there are sufficient appropriately skilled permanent and contract staff available to meet current and forecasted demands from both the Delivery and Sales teams.
- Enforcing compliance of the month end closure process within the BU including timesheet submission and approval as well as review of revenue and costs, invoicing and debt collection.
- Responsible for analysing project P&L’s within the BU and raising appropriate queries and corrective actions with the management team to rectify issues.
- Continuous improvement and refinement of operational processes and communicating and presenting these processes to the wider BU.
- Managing and controlling the allocation and approval of all non-project time ensuring accurate recording.
- Management of one or more of the following:
- PMO team within the BU
- BU bench ensuring everyone on the team feels engaged and have meaningful work to complete
- BU on-boarding process
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a development and / or consulting environment, including at least 2 years demonstrable success in a project management or team leading role.
- Experience within IT/Technology sector is highly desirable
- Experience in financial management, headcount planning and staff management and allocation in professional services environment considering both the project and the individual’s needs.
- Strong commercial awareness within a professional services environment with evidence of P&L management responsibilities
- Sound understanding of all operational aspects within a business including experience of revenue and staff forecasting and recruitment process.
- Sound awareness of technology trends and their potential impact on current and future projects.
- Demonstrable experience of creating, managing and improving process
- Experience in managing and motivating team members and leading by example.
- Excellent communication skills including experience of formal presentations and interviewing.
- Deep understanding of all roles within the Kainos Career Lattice at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills with an affable and credible persona.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of BU strategy, profitability and staffing needs.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff and lead by example.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills.
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing the BU.
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to travel offsite including all Kainos offices as and when required.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.