An opportunity exists to join our Belfast Audit team to work in the exciting financial services sector.
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
An opportunity exists to join our Belfast Audit team to work in the exciting financial services sector. You will be working within a dedicated project team who are currently developing and growing a national Pension Audit Centre of Excellence (PACoE) in Belfast. With a particular focus on quality and efficiency, PACoE has been developed to transform the manner in which pension and pension related audits are performed by Deloitte in the UK.
As an Assistant Manager within the team you will provide both remote and on-site support to our client engagement teams in auditing pension scheme accounts, investment valuation work (in relation to corporate IAS 19 disclosures) and support other financial services client work as necessary within the financial services industry audit service line. This will involve you working with a variety of stakeholders and having to liaise daily with client engagement teams, pension scheme administrators, third party investment managers and management / Trustees of pension schemes.
The role is for a newly qualified Chartered Accountant who wants to join a young and dynamic team who will play an important national audit role for the Deloitte UK Audit Practice and wider financial services sector.
You will be based in our Belfast office with the opportunity to travel to Client Sites and other Deloitte Offices across the UK.
This is a full time permanent opportunity with the opportunity for agile working.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Field managing, mentoring and on-the job training of client engagement teams.
- Completing the initial manager review of specific FRS102 compliance pension scheme audit files.
- Working towards management of an allocated portfolio of client engagements.
- Audit, field managing and reporting on corporate IAS 19 investment asset disclosures.
- Assisting engagement teams working on specific financial services projects.
- Undertaking of other tasks including practice management activities to assist audit teams and the team within Belfast PACoE.
In order to apply you will need the following:
- Recently qualified as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Accountant
- Relevant pension audit experience and familiarity with pension scheme reporting and regulatory requirements e.g. SORP
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Flexibility to travel within the UK when necessary
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hard work and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure and with self-motivation and a flexible approach
You are here: Audit
We understand our clients’ operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
You will make a difference in working with teams to deliver a full range of high value services to support Deloitte’s varied client base, by bringing real insights and experience and by building long term strategic relationships.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
For full job description please see our Career Site
Requisition code: 147228